It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2006, 07:07 AM   #1
(female)

kay4nuz HB User
dream vs. reality

i have posted several messages because i am having new symptoms. I haven't dreamed since i got ill 6 years ago. now i am having tons of dreams in quick succession, & the next day i look for things that i dreamed about & obviously not there. then i realize it was a dream. am i losing touch with reality or is this a common occurence? thanks!

Old 10-26-2006, 07:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User
Re: dream vs. reality

Intesesting thread!
I never dreamed (or at least I never remembered them) until after I got married, which wasn't til I was 35 yrs old. I still don't know what THAT means!

Did something happen around the time that the dreams started up again for you? Or a change in meds?
Ruth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2006, 08:20 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

Yes....I find this interesting too I usually don't have dreams that I remember, however, whenever I am really stressed and really finally get some sleep, I do have a dream that seems so real that when I wake up I am wondering if it was just a dream OR real!!! I also find that when I have taken something mild for sleep I have more dreams.

My daughter who was just recently diagnoed with BP and started on meds often complained about having such vivid dreams that had her wondering whether they were really dreams or real. As she continued on the meds this seemed to stop. I wonder, like Ruth, if you had some change in your meds whether it be in the form of a change or increase which may be comtributing to your increased dreams.

I would be interested in hearing what others have to say in regard to this.

~ Goody

Old 10-26-2006, 08:28 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

jgr01 HB User

hi,

I have always dreamed a lot, since a child. However, it times of stress my dreams become extremely lucid, sometimes I am almost awake. I am aware what the dream is about and often want it to stop but can't wake myself up fully to do that. The last time this happened really badly I ended up psychotic with hallucinations....but I hadn't gone back to the doc to explain what was happening. So, it could be nothing, but it could be something. Are you stressed or noticing any manic type of behaviour?

jgr

Old 10-26-2006, 08:33 AM   #5
(female)

Trish BP2 HB User

Hi,

I am a bit slow on the uptake and never realise till too late that I am stressed, when I start dreaming wierd/scarey dreams then thats my tell tale sign that I am stressed, the two always go together with me.

Trish.

Closed Thread