It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2006, 09:54 PM   #1
(male)

cheeneyjo HB User
im new to the boards been sick a long time ?

hi im joe 34 male in mich. and im bipolar.tried 3 differnt meds and i think lithium carbonate er 300 mg works the best for me but needs some more improvments i still have episods but not as bad or as often i hope to get to know some of u all and help support each other we cant do this alone i have tried and failed so lets stick togeather thanks for everyones time GOD good orderly direction.

Old 10-26-2006, 11:48 PM   #2
(female)

crazywoman77 HB User
Re: im new to the boards been sick a long time ?

hi joe welcome to the boards am new here too but have already found the support on here a great help is good to talk to people who understand what you go through on a day to day basis without looking at you funny!!!! I have been this way since my early teens but have only just got a proper diagnosis at the age of 29 and have also just started on lithium (400mg) not sure yet wether this is working but after years of this i am willing to give anything a try. anyways hope you find this place as much of a help as I do god bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2006, 01:49 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

tsohl HB User
Re: im new to the boards been sick a long time ?

Welcome. I hope you find lots of things on here that will be of help.
I am the mom of a 25-year old who has bipolar disorder. He was diagnosed junior year of college although he'd been depressed through high school and was probably manic all senior year...but I just thought he had lots of energy!
The psychiatrist at his college put him on lithium. This worked ok but not entirely. After he graduated and moved he went through 3 different pdocs before finding one who was very knowledgeable about pharmaceuticals. After much trial and error, they finally found the combination that has restored him to stability. For what it's worth, he's now on lithium, tegretol and lamictal and he has been stable for over a year and a half. My advice is to be patient, keep trying to find the correct meds for you and just keep on believing that there is help out there for you. There are lots of great people on these boards, so come often and participate! best, tsohl

Old 10-27-2006, 01:54 PM   #4
(female)

makeworldgoaway HB User
Smile Re: im new to the boards been sick a long time ?

Hi Joe & welcome. I wasn't diagnosed until an old lady of 49, but then again I'm good at hiding things...hope you find help & comfort here, I have.

Closed Thread