It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2006, 06:35 AM   #1
(female)

tired06 HB User
Question hallucinations, What do they mean?

I have been asked several times now if i have had any halluciantions and I am not sure what they mean. I talk alot in my head to myself, to the Dr., counsler, sister, my deceased dad and mom, etc. I know they are not there but feel as if they are and I talk and talk. I sometimes feel as if someone is out to get me or something said was meant in a negative way that really wasn't. Tell me what hallucinations are like please?

Had another Dr. apt. and she lowered my geodon to night only and put me back on my paxil--thank god. I feel better now without the painful surges in my head. I hope it stays this way. Just thought i would let you all know. Tired06

Old 10-27-2006, 11:04 AM   #2
(female)

x-Bliss-x HB User
Re: hallucinations, What do they mean?

Hallucinations are when someone experiences something that seems very real to them but is actually not there, or is not happening. These can be visual (seen), auditory (heard), olfactory (smelt), gustatory (tasted), or tactile (senses of pressure on you) all of which no one else will be able to see/hear..etc.

Hope I explained it ok, and I hope you do not have to experience them
x-Bliss-x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2006, 02:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User
Re: hallucinations, What do they mean?

HI I have bi-polar and I saw images of Staircases and people going up and down them .. It was like the judgement day in the book --Revelation in the Bible . iwas fully awake and these happened 4 nights in a row.

My Dr. believe s these are Hallucinations. Usually things are moving in front of your visuion that shouldnt be.

I saw Angels in the room and they are still here. They offer peace and comport to me. Many over the centuries have seen Angels..

Caren in Az

Closed Thread