It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2006, 03:09 PM   #1
(female)

mikilyn HB User
Question Lexapro and HUGE weight gain!!!!

I've been taking Lexapro for about 2 months now and gained 10 pounds just in the first month alone!!!! I started back on the phentermine to help with my weight loss and I'm hoping that doesn't interupt the effects of the Lexapro. ANyone else having this problem?

Old 10-29-2006, 03:29 PM   #2
(female)

shelb HB User
Re: Lexapro and HUGE weight gain!!!!

not me lexapro made me lose weight i wish i was still on it lol Gods blessings shelb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2006, 09:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User

Oh my gosh...I can relate to your situation! eek I was just looking at some old photos of myself from last year (before I was taking any meds) and I was a good 15lbs lighter I'm sure. ugh

Anyway, what helped me to not gain anymore weight (unfortunately, I didn't lose the 15lbs) was to make sure I drank enough water every day and to join a gym. I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't lose much weight, but I definitely look and feel better and that is what is important!

Take care and try not to stress too much about this!!!

Old 11-02-2006, 10:32 PM   #4
(female)

mikilyn HB User

Thank you so much for your input. I'm not stressing too much over it, just have to keep up with my workouts. I'm just glad that I feel so much better!
Boy I wish I had the side effect of losing weight! My psych told me today that Lexapro affects the chemical that tells you that you are full so the med doesn't make you fat but that you are actually eating more food and that;s making you fat. I don't know about that though because I'm actually eating much less than I use to. Exercise does help though.

Old 11-05-2006, 05:41 PM   #5
(male)

Wagon Daddy HB User

Oh boy... I know this problem first hand. I gained 30lbs during the time I was on Lexapro (1 Year).

This was one of the main reasons I wanted to be taken off of it. All I did was crave carbs and sweets.

Closed Thread