It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2006, 08:56 AM   #1
(female)

shelb HB User
i dont know if im allowed to ask this but is anyone here from pa near pittsburgh?that is the closest group for me and its to far away

Old 11-01-2006, 04:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kiehn HB User
Re: location

Hi Shelb
Welcome, Unfornately we cant exchange address information, Im not sure about city and state. I too live in a rural area in Washington state and the closest group is an hour away. I had thought of starting my own but I think it might be too much to handle on my own. So I use this board frequently you can address just about any topic and often get many different replies. It;s also very confidenial as none of us actually would know another on the street. So I can only encourage you to post as often as you need or want to. I've been bipolar since 87 but wasnt dz until 93, I also have a 22 yr old daughter that is bipolar and we have even learned to live together in the same household. There are several bipolar veterans here as well as newbie's. We even have some regular non bipolar's who are here to support their loved ones. Hope this helps some. Take Care, Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2006, 07:22 PM   #3
(female)

shelb HB User

yes that does help i had also heard of and thought of starting a group in my area this board is very helpful and I'm blessed for have finding it but i guess seeing others like me because I'm in a small town would make me not feel like such an outcast bpd has such a bad reputation and so many people suffer from it i don't think society knows the facts and hardships of bpd i like the thought of helping others understand well.when I'm stable enough and ill share this i was diagnosed in1994 when i was 14ysr i grew up with old fashion parents who did not believe the diagnosis so i never took my meds i ended up in the hospital 2 times and then at 16 got pregnant and married i do believe in those couple of years before i was with baby i was the worst child in our small town i think to this day i still hold that record but i got married when i was pregnant to the dad and we are still married and i have finally came to terms with the fact that I'm bp pretty crazy huh so i feel for the parents here as well Gods blessings shelb

Old 11-01-2006, 09:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kiehn HB User

Small town stigma yep, I lived in it for 11 yrs myself. Im not sure what's worse hiding away and having people know and talking behind your back or just trying to blend in the best we can and let the town find something new to talk about. For me Ive found even my own family has a hard time understanding how much less would strangers. Even others that are bp often keep it a secret due to the same problems. It seems only in the big city do we get lost in the hustle and bustle of things, then again I could be
way wrong. Wow pregnant at 16, it seems so common now a days then
I guess it wasnt that uncommon in my day as I got pregnant at 17.

With age comes wisdom so not everyone is looking down on you, many have been in your shoes. I learned there's nothing anyone can do these days that someone didnt do when I was in my youth.

Life is about learning, the more life experiences you have the more you learn.
When you become older you'll look at the youth and say some learn by experience some learn by others experience but it doesnt make anyone better than another.

I used to regret my past as a youth, but Ive learned it has a lot of value just as it is. Some of it was pretty fun too. lol

Hang in there there come a time when you look back and find your past a usedful tool, even if it's to help others. take care, Sue

Old 11-02-2006, 01:13 PM   #5
(female)

shelb HB User

awh thanks i know my kids wont be able to pull much over on me i know all the tricks i think at least lol I'm not upset about my past and people forget but it just goes to show how my bp has ruled me almost my whole life everything was always extreme very extreme then and that's what set me apart good and bad

Closed Thread