It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2006, 11:13 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User
Angry what is with this place?

In the short time I've been posting here I have been told that it is pointless for me to take my medications and that I should get a new pdoc. I am freaking out! I just came here to talk with people who I thought would understand my situation? I just feel so berated. Why is everyone against me? What did I ever do?

Old 11-03-2006, 12:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kiehn HB User
Re: what is with this place?

Peace : )
When I read your post I thought to myself, hmmm how you're feelings sounds soooooo familiar and the last thing I want someone telling me is Im over reacting, being over senitive and no one is against me. Cause when I feel like this it's very real I KNOW!!! I get so upset at my husband when he cant understand how I feel. I guess what Im saying is your feelings are real, it's ok, many of us here understand and Things will get better!!!

I believe you're doing the best you can right now and I encourage you to keep taking your meds as they begin to work hopefully you'll be able to slowly wean yourself off the alcohol. Take one step at a time, if you're unsure about your med or the alcohol call your doctors office for advise.
It's ok to ask questions, the more the better.

If you don't feel like you're getting the support you need from this board, it's ok, many of us take breaks from this board all the time, then come back. Things will get better, really they will, it just take time and adjusting and that's that can be the tough part. Sending you a I know how you're feeling hug. Sue

Last edited by kiehn; 11-03-2006 at 12:37 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2006, 07:53 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

tsohl HB User

Llama,
Oh dear. I'm one of the posters whose comments upset you. That was not my intent at all and I want to apologize. I was responding to your comment that your pdoc never mentioned that you shouldn't drink alcohol while taking lamictal. From my thinking, that was irresponsible of your doctor, and if it were me, I would wonder what else he is not telling me that I should know. My comments were directed towad the pdoc, not toward you...and I just meant, if that had happened to me, I'd consider finding a new doc. I do realize how difficult it is to find any doctor that you feel comfortable with, and how hard it is to find a new doc that you like...(and I mean "you" as in the generalized you, not you personally) and I didn't mean to imply that you should start looking. I was just trying to suggest the surprise I felt that your pdoc hadn't told you that drinking was not a good idea when taking meds such as lamictal. I guess I didn't express it as well as I should have.

Please don't give up on the board. There are many wonderful, caring people here who will be able to support you. best, tsohl

Old 11-03-2006, 09:15 AM   #4
(female)

meowolfe3 HB User
Lightbulb Re: what is with this place?

Hi Everyone,
There seems to be a lot of nice people arond here and supportive also.I appreciated that. I have had to deal with the half of me wanting to take my meds because I think the mix is wrong and the other half is of me wants to me very good about taking the meds, I just do not like my pdoc. It has been very difficult finding a pdoc. He falls asleep during session and makes changes that are different then the ones thatt I have told him about when there is a highlighted side effect. He does not take very much and see me only for about 7 minutes ttops I feel very trapped and I am on 9 different meds now. They have helped keep me out of the hospital the is a good point. I have had to really take care of other things like go to a nuerologist because of involutery hand and leg movements. So I hope that things work out I feel desparate and along with all these doctors and really no one to talk to about this. The nuerologist said I might have dystonia induced by the antipsychotic medications which I am not psychotic.
Thank you Meowolfe3

Old 11-03-2006, 10:40 AM   #5
(female)

makeworldgoaway HB User
Smile Re: what is with this place?

Yes please don't leave, remember we've all got the same diagnosis & troubles, we aren't doctors...

Old 11-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User

ugh I really feel like I overreacted and misinterpreted everything you guys were saying! I apologize for that! I am glad that you have all been so understanding. When I feel like that I just get so angry/irritable that I can actually feel it pumping through my blood. It's so intense! I am glad you all understand that though. Thanks guys!!!

to meowolfe3: If you aren't happy with your pdoc then you should see another one! Is that option available to you? He sounds like a royal jerk. Falling asleep? Next time he does that throw a pen at him or something! haha Now that would get his attention!

Last edited by Llama; 11-03-2006 at 03:24 PM.

Old 11-04-2006, 11:07 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User

Llama,

I also experience what you do in that I get really fired up at any perceived injustice. You are definitely not alone in that regard. I've been going round and round with my school insurance company who is refusing to pay my medical bills based on a pre-existing investigation. They are really a bunch of idiots. I ended up calling an attorney, writing nasty letters appealing their decisions (as I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder for the first time in my life 8 months after having the insurance, but also having been continuously insured by another company three years prior, who I use as my primary provider). Anyway, I filed a formal complaint with the state, wrote to the dean of students threatening to sue, telling them I called an attorney and suggesting he had better watch what the student insurance office is doing since he is accountable for that division. On my appeals, though, I, in so many words, called them a bunch of unethical idiots who don't know what they're doing, citing the insurance policy and the laws that regulate them. All the while I was hysterical, so angry that I wanted to break my computer, I literally wanted to fist fight the insurance claims administrator and called them repeatedly, and very rude at that. It felt good and bad at the same time.

And this is WHILE I'm medicated. Imagine! So, I understand a lot about anger and over-reacting, although I don't understand why. Before my diagnosis, I've always blamed it on having a lot of Cajun in my blood. LOL

Anyway, you will find a lot of really nice people who understand what you're going through, and the majority mean well. I have gotten a lot out of this site, and you will, too. I'm glad you didn't give up.

Last edited by gav_73; 11-04-2006 at 11:14 AM.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:01 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

leasarenay HB User

Sometimes when I am not well, I perceive I am being attacked or judged and I can't tell difference until I am well. You should tell everything and remember that we do not all think the same and take all replies with grain of salt. Maybe you are not feeling very well and can't fully appreciate that someone means well. Also, they may not be feeling well and they are not really understanding you either. Good luck to you and don't consider changing docs unless you feel the need. You will know after some time if doc is not right for you.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:51 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

jgr01 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leasarenay
Sometimes when I am not well, I perceive I am being attacked or judged and I can't tell difference until I am well. You should tell everything and remember that we do not all think the same and take all replies with grain of salt. Maybe you are not feeling very well and can't fully appreciate that someone means well. Also, they may not be feeling well and they are not really understanding you either. Good luck to you and don't consider changing docs unless you feel the need. You will know after some time if doc is not right for you.
Hey Llama, i would really echo this sentiment. I know when I have had too much to drink as well as being wrongly medicated I have reacted really badly to things said on here. However, I have given up the booze in the last month and taken more medication and now see most things in perspective...I haven't got the flags out just yet though

Old 11-08-2006, 09:42 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User

This is a great place. Everyone is really nice here. Sometimes things get taken out of context, and we are in a rut thus take the words to heart- and that is not how this board is to be. It is all about support. Trust me; no one is here to say otherwise in a negative fashion.

Please understand that you are in good company and in the surrounding of those who do comprehend what you are going through.

with concern and regards

Coffeegirl

Old 11-08-2006, 09:52 AM   #11
(female)

makeworldgoaway HB User
Talking Re: what is with this place?

I am very grateful for boards like these...the cheapest bestest therapy around...

Old 11-08-2006, 05:18 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User

STAY HERE! This board is the best out there. The people here are the best out there. Advice and opinions are just that.
Some good some bad others just well, ?????????????? totally.
STAY!

Mudhound

Old 11-09-2006, 08:46 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User

Thanks again for all the support and understanding guys! You are right I do not feel "right" yet. I feel like my thoughts can be off. Like yesterday I completely misinterpreted/misread what someone was saying to me? It turned out to be nothing but I got all paranoid about it. I just couldn't shake it and now I feel so stupid because it turned out to be the exact opposite of what I perceived. This happens to me a lot. It's weird how this can mess with your mind so much!

I am up to 75mg lamictal but getting up to a higher dose takes soooo long. I am seeing my pdoc on the 14th, so I may need another med? I don't know. We'll see I guess.

Take care guys!!!

Old 11-09-2006, 09:53 AM   #14
Inactive
(female)

tsohl HB User

I think it is fairly common to need something along with lamictal to get the most benefit. Be patient and keep trying til you find just the right mix of meds....best, Tsohl

Closed Thread