It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2006, 10:43 AM   #1
(female)

darkangle HB User
Unhappy losing whats left of my mind

hi im 43 and i am a bipolar1 with rapid cycling..sevsr mood swings that can last from 2 days or 3 months....ialso have sever depression.add to that hearing voices that just are not there along with seeing things that dont exist.when i first was told i had bipolar i just could not except it i felt i weas handed an death sentance......

when i started to feel better i went off all my meds..BIG MISTAKE..all that did was make my bipolar worse and me all the more manic........i all so suffer from panic disorders and ptsd,post tramic disorder..yes im a real mess....

there are so many days where i just cant take it any more..i know it hard on family and friends being with a bipolar person but why cant they understand thats it even harder on the person with bipolar.

we who have bipolar have to live out our lives on meds.and with fear..just wish my famil could feel what its like for me the one who is bipolar..
darkangle

Old 11-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #2
(female)

darkangle HB User
Re: losing whats left of my mind

when i have an manic epsode i fel like i become another person and the real me is standing by watching it helpless.and i just dont know what to do..its like i have a split-personality.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2006, 05:07 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User
Re: losing whats left of my mind

Hi...I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad....it must be so difficult to live feeling this way. You said that the meds did make you feel better, so perhaps it is going to take some time to find others that may work. Are you on any meds now??? And how long???? I know that it my take a while to find the right med combo....we are in the process of doing that for my daughter. She has had so many allergies or bad reactions to them that it is frustrating having to start the entire process all over but we have promised ourselves to keep on trying to find the one that will make her feel better.

Be forgiving of yourself and of others....it is a difficult process for everybody and remembering that your family really does want you to get better and have to deal with similar frustrations when they see you're not feeling better may ust allow you to see them as being on the same team as you rather than fighting you. It isn't easy no matter what side of the spectrum you are on....the thing is that together you will make it through.

I hope that you are feeling better soon.

(((HUGS))) ~ Goody

Closed Thread