It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2006, 10:58 PM   #1
(male)

bobshotme HB User
Socialy Bi-polar?

I have a question obviously. It seems like im socialy Bi polar, ive had social anxiety for a few years now(most my life i didnt, i was really social and never shy) But my ability to be social and talk comes and goes literally within minutes of each other.

For example at work today, one minute i was talking to a girl named casey without trouble, she was able to understand what i was saying and i had no trouble, 10 minutes later(she's my manager) i had to ask her another question and i could bearly get it out, and she had a hard time understanding me, this happens quite often. I find it easier to talk to women though then men when im like this though. But it comes and goes one minute im capable of talking and the next i cant, i cant speak well, its like a jibberish, and im not kidding, its jibberish and then a little later i can speak very well, it drives me crazy. I used to never have this problem, i feel like my mind is teasing me when i can talk well, like "hey, remember how you used to be able to do this well socialy, this is what i can do" then bam as soon as it came its gone. then i get depressed for a few minutes and start to wonder if im just stupid and what if im not capable of common conversation anymore, then bam its back and i can speak well again and i get happy again. So its not just my socialness thats bi polar, because of that it causes my moods to be different from one minute to the next. Im not kidding though, one minute im fine the next im not.

PS some background, i used to never have this problem when younger, im 18. I used to talk to everyone and talk all the time, i was never shy or nervous, pretty much 100% of the time i was capable of common conversation unlike now where it differs from minute to minute.

Quick summery* I cant talk, literally and i get depressed, sometimes within minutes or little bit longer i can talk well and clear and with ease and i get happy. Is it possible im socialy bi polar? its not the mood affecting my social ability, i dont think, its vise versa my lack of social and speech ability affecting my moods. everday im on a wave from can talk and socialize and happy to cant and mad/depressed.

Last edited by bobshotme; 11-04-2006 at 11:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2006, 10:50 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Picali HB User
Re: Socialy Bi-polar?

Hi Bob

I think the best thing you could do is go and speak to a healthcare professional - there are so many different conditions and reasons for them that it's really hard to try and diagnose yourself. Professional input would probably be helpful.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User
Re: Socialy Bi-polar?

Hi bob. I think you might want to look over the symptoms of bipolar (found on this message board on the top under "Attention Newbies! Please Read: Bipolar Disorder Symptom Primer").

In any event, if this problem is bothering you a lot then definitely go see a doctor. If it's hard for you to explain it/talk about it, then maybe you could print your post and bring it along (in case you get nervous or forget to mention something...I know I do!!!).

Closed Thread