It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2006, 10:24 PM   #1
(male)

Mr. Ruth HB User
Sad News about Ruth 6:11

To everyone in the Bi-Polar Healthboard.

Many of you many know of "Ruth" in this Healthboard. I am saddened to tell you all that she has passed away. She suffered a ruptured aneurysm Thursday evening, Oct. 26. Doctors tried for over a week to repair the damage. However, the damage to the brain was to severe and she never regained consciousness.

"Ruth" died on November 4 at 12:45 a.m.

One of her wish was for me to sign-up on HealthBoards and inform you of her death. She left me instructions to create my screen name as Mr. Ruth hoping that everyone would make the connection.

I am her husband and will miss her very much. She was 52. Our 17th wedding anniversary was Oct. 28.

I have never posted on HealthBoard before and I hope that I am not breaking any rules. If so, I'm sorry.

There are other HealthBoards that I am to post to also.

I will check back and read any responses that you may have.

Thank you.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

fallen_angel HB User
Re: Sad News about Ruth 6:11

I am so so sorry to hear this terrible news, Ruth offered me a lot of support on the board this year and always had so much wisdom to give. The way she managed her bipolar so well was an inspiration to me, she was such a lovely lady.
Im shocked and deeply saddened to hear of her passing away. I cant find the words to say how i feel right now. Please know that i am so so sorry to hear of your loss and my thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of your family

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2006, 03:58 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Picali HB User

Dear Mr Ruth,

I am so sorry to hear of Ruth's passing. She will be missed by so many people here. She has given me a lot of advice on many occassions and had always managed her bi-polar with dignity and a sense of humour. She was a central character on the boards and I know she has helped dozens of people on a regular basis.

Thankyou so much for taking the trouble to let us know during a time that must be so very difficult for you. You are in our thoughts and in our prayers. Please post on here when you can and let us help support you through this difficult time.

I am so sorry for your loss and feel that someone very special has passed us by.

Janine x

Old 11-05-2006, 04:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

twoeyez HB Usertwoeyez HB User

Mr. Ruth :

I am so sorry about your loss of you wife. See always posted in the most postive mannor about Bipolor Disorder. She wanted to let all of us know that "stability " can be acheived. She was very proud of the fact that with lithium,she was stable (without an episode),for more than 20 years. Her wisdom and advice on this board will be missed.

She spoke of you as her main loving support person. She knew that without your understanding and support, she would not be able to overcome Bipolor Disorder. Her spirit will guide you at this time of trial in your own life.

Below was her last post on this board :

10-26-2006, 10:31 AM
Ruth6:11
Senior Veteran Join Date: Dec 2003

Re: dream vs. reality

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intesesting thread!
"I never dreamed (or at least I never remembered them) until "after I got married," which wasn't til I was 35 yrs old. I still don't know what THAT means! "

I sure she meant the your loving marrage was worth "dreaming" about and remembering it.

God be with you.

Eyes

Last edited by twoeyez; 11-05-2006 at 05:06 AM.

Old 11-05-2006, 05:39 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

jgr01 HB User

Dear Mr Ruth,

I would be echoing the sentiments of everyone else on this board so far. I am shocked and saddened. She was welcoming, forthright and a guiding light for so many. I wish you all the strengh and love I can to get yourself through this difficult time.

God Bless, Ruth.

Juliet x

Old 11-05-2006, 06:49 AM   #6
(female)

makeworldgoaway HB User

Dear Mr Ruth; I am too new here posting to have known Ruth, however your post brought tears to my eyes. What a thoughtful man you are to post as she asked you to, when you are going through this grief. My heart goes out to you, sincerely.

Old 11-05-2006, 07:54 AM   #7
(female)

LAP18 HB User

MR. Ruth,
i am so sorry to hear of Ruth's passing. You need to know that she was an inspiration to us (mother's of Bipolar children). She made me feel like a terrific mom when I was feeling down.

she also reminded me often to take care of myself and to keep my relationship strong with my husband. She opened my eyes. I never really considered my husband or my relationship with him becuase I was so deeply inmersed in my daughters illness.

Becuase of Ruth ,My husband and I have decided that no matter what, we would make time for eachother. He and I have spent some wonderful nights togther while my daughter was unstable and breaking things in the house. I didn't feel guilty one bit. Ruth did that for me.

In Ruth's memory, I promise you, that I will continue to take care of myself and my husband, so that I can have the energy and the stamina to help my daughter. That is what Ruth wanted for us mothers.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Laura

Last edited by LAP18; 11-05-2006 at 07:55 AM.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:50 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

marshmallow HB User

I didn't really know Ruth but I am sorry for your loss. From what everyone says she was a remarkable person.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:02 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kiehn HB User

Dear Mr Ruth
My deepest condolences. Tears are falling as I write, Ruth and I were very close in age and we called each other sisters. Im so very, very sad she wont be here anymore. She alway spoke so highly and kind of you. How you had such patience in tolerating and understanding her condtition and how fortunate she was to have you. She had such wisdom and insight and had such a outspoken, bright, colorful spirit.
I will miss her so very much. Sue

Old 11-05-2006, 12:53 PM   #10
(female)

Neleah HB User

Dear Mr. Ruth,

I am so very sorry about your loss and so sad to hear that there won't be more of Ruth's wonderful and inspiring posts. Not too long ago, she wrote a reply to something I posted which was so encouraging in a time where I really needed it. Hearing her story gave me hope for my loved one and hearing the wonderful things she said about you showed just how important loving support is. She has been such an inspiration. My heart goes out to you.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:08 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User

Mr. Ruth

I am so very sorry for the loss of your wife. She was such a inspiring person on this forum, and one who spoke with such grace and knowlegde. Her wisdom was alwas respected by many and her kindness always wished for, as she was such a grand individual who showed each and every person who would post here that they too, can achieve the power of stability.

Her confidence as a person showed through in every post she wrote in. For that, always know that your Ruth had the hearts of many, and was able to show others, they too, could be to where she is someday. She was a grand lady.

You will be in the thoughts of many through this time of grief, and through the following time that passes. As memories of others simply do not just fade away. Memories are blessings.

You have my deepest condolences. Thinking of you and your family,

Coffeegirl

Old 11-05-2006, 01:42 PM   #12
(female)

ellynr12 HB User

I have only been here for a short time so I didn't know your wife, but I am very sorry to hear about your loss and from what I read here a lot of people knew her and she was a very good and lovely woman.
So sweet of you to make her wish come true and let the people here know that she passed away.
My condolences with your loss.

Old 11-05-2006, 04:52 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

weasel HB User

I am so sorry for your loss. She was a great inspiration and support to all of us and will be missed. Take care of yourself, and thank you for letting us know.

(((((((HUGS)))))))

Old 11-05-2006, 09:53 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User

Mr. Ruth,

I am so, so very saddened by this news. Ruth was, like so many have said, an inspiration to all. She always had a kind word, a thoughtful reply to so many, many concerns on this board. I am fairly new to this board, but I have read many, many of Ruth's responses to others' posts, and I feel like I know her, even if just a little.

I can't imagine what you are going through, but our thoughts and prayers are with you. I just want to cry writing this because I can not imagine the strength you must have mustered up to come on here and inform us. It is shocking. Shocking.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Deepest sympathy.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:30 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

Mr. Ruth ~ Hi, it's Goody I left you a rather lenghthy post on the Relationship board because that is where Ruth & I had first met. We had developed such a wonderful kinship over a short period of time....it was something beautiful, special and rare, a kinship of souls so to speak.

We all knew Ruth to be such a wise, gentle, loving, beautiful being who reached out to many sharing & giving us the gift of knowing her beautiful soul. Her and I often commented on how we shared a spiritual connection and believed very much in signs and God's active involvement within our lives and how He places people in our path to share the journey and to grow in friendship.

God enabled Ruth and I to develop a trust and friendship that only sisters would share. Although we never actually met we KNEW that we didn't have to, for we were bound by heart & soul. No miles or distance ever stood in the way of our knowing when we would need one another's support. It was often that we were able to sense our need of one another's support and be there for one another to serve in that capacity. I know that she will continue to do so, however, I, as many others here, will deeply miss her posts.

As if to reveal the purpose of our being brought together, shortly after we adopted one another as "cybertwins" our youngest daughter, Erin, was diagnosed with Bipolar. In my scariest moments it was Ruth's hand that would reach out to me and would lead me to her precious family here where she knew I would be comforted and supported throughout it all. She even went on to bring her mom on board to support and comfort me. She often shared with me her feelings of hopelessness in not being able to help me more. And without even knowing so....it was HER strength, compassion, gentle wisdom, and constant standing on the sidelines coaxing me along that really pulled me through. I cannot even tell you what a true gift it was to know her and to have had her as a friend.

She loved, lived, laughed, cried, and shared all that she was with all her heart and soul here amongst her family & friends. And she never failed to mention you and her love for you on these boards.....I am sure that when you have time it will comfort you to read some of her posts....they are a true legacy of her life and will show you how she touched the lives of so many reaching through cyberspace with her hugs and support.

She did not leave us without letting us all know that she believed that we were all connected and were her friends and family. She often spoke to me about how we didn't even need to meet and that we would recognize one another in heaven once we had completed our journeys here on earth.

My heart is quite heavy today knowing that somewhere in the Midwest all are saying their goodbyes to such a wonderful, loving & beautiful person. I speak for all of us here when I say that each one of us join you & your entire family in sharing in the loss of such a wonderful sister and friend. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time and I sure hope that you will come and visit with us once in a while......I know that Ruth would want you to do that because she knows that we would take care of you when you are feeling down or need to be reminded that she is still very much alive in many hearts and memories that we've shared.

There is a post that I will always carry in my heart that shows the "cybertwinship" we shared. And even though Ruth is no longer among us when I read this I will know that she lives on in my heart & soul forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth
Goody my friend, there is a safety net that is strung from one end of Heaven to the other for you. It is there, and every prayer I have prayed for you and your family is paperclipped to a strand of that net. (There are alot of paper clips if you take a look!)
Please remember that sometimes it is the things we cannot see (the support of friends, the time in the future when everything will have resolved,) that are around the corner. Even when we cannot believe that the corner is even OUT there.
It is. I believe that with my whole heart having learned that it is there the hard way.

And I hope you know that somethings, like cybertwins, never ever ever go away.
Ruthie
Ruth....Erin made the play!!!! They only had 20 parts and she made it into the ensemble!!! And I know that you played a very BIG part in getting her there (in more ways than one ).....thanks Ruthie, for letting me know that you are still with us!!!

May God bless you and the entire Ruth family with His comfort, peace and strength to get you through all the days ahead.

I love you, Ruthie ~ Your Forever Friend and cybertwin ~ Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 11-06-2006 at 07:20 AM.

Closed Thread