It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2006, 04:10 PM   #1
(male)

ndb1 HB User
Unhappy Lamictal and Seroquel, please help

I have suffered with depression or what I thought was depression for years. I have tried most of the SD's with little or no success. I recently saw a DR who is sure I have BP2. He has put me on Lamictal and Seroquel. I have been on them for 2 weeks and I see no improvement Has anyone been or on these meds? How long did it take for you to see some results? I have had it and need something to work.

M

Old 11-06-2006, 11:32 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User
Re: Lamictal and Seroquel, please help

I am also BPII and on Lamictal, recently being taken off Lithium because of the side effects, and have been for about 5 weeks. It takes 5 weeks to even get to the minimal dosage that is supposed to work. At least, that is my understanding. The change has been very subtle. I do know that my depression has lifted, but it did while on the Lithium. Therefore, I makes it difficult to differentiate the effects of the Lamictal, if there are any yet. My pdoc didn't want me to completely get off the Lithium until I was at the appropriate dosage of Lamictal, and I'm still not there yet and I've been on it several weeks longer than you have. So I say don't give up. I have heard very good things about it, one being that it has very few side effects. And that has been my experience so far.

I have also been prescribed Seroquel for insomnia, which I suffer from at an extreme level. I found it to be VERY strong and avoid taking it unless I absolutely have to. I got very bad hangovers on it, making it difficult to get up even after 12 hours's sleep! This made it almost impossible to get any work done. And that was on only 25mg of the drug! I would even half that and it would still knock me out cold. So, we're going to dry Ambien next.

Give it a chance, and good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2006, 07:08 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

leasarenay HB User

Seroquel made me that way at first, just taking 50mg. Now I take 500mg every night and I just sleep about 9-10 instead of 8 but it is well worth it. I have to take ambien to sleep with it and I feel really good. (also taking lithium and med for thyroid) I started taking lamictal and seroquel about one and half years ago. Worked for me after about 3-4 weeks. I just stopped taking lamicatal 4 weeks ago and replaced with antidep.

Old 11-13-2006, 02:36 AM   #4
(male)

ndb1 HB User

Just wanted to thank you both for the posts and the support. I think part of the problem is my impatience. I want to meds to work right away and they dont. I will continue on and hope for the besy. thanks

Closed Thread