It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2006, 06:54 AM   #1
(female)

fremosan HB User
abilify and zoloft combination

I am new to this and searching for answers. My 13 year old is on Abilify(low dose) and recently (2 months or so ago) the doctor added zoloft. The combo seemed to work well but the weight gain has been HUGE. She is a taller child but 150 at 5'6 is too high and obesity is only going to add to the social issues she already has. The doctor said the zoloft increases the side effects of the abilify. The weight gain has been 20 lbs so far. This was a child who was a picky eater and now eats EVERYTHING. The doctor said diet and exercise, not that simple believe me! If there are four pears in in the fruit bowl she will eat two at a time. She cannot help herself and worse yet she talks about food constantly in an obsessive manner..Anyone had this experience?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #2
(male)

ShoelessTroy HB User
Re: abilify and zoloft combination

I'm currently taking Lamictal and Zoloft but I haven't experienced any weight gain at all. I took Abilify for one day and it made me Super-Manic so I stopped immediately. I'd say give Lamictal a try if you haven't yet, it seems to be very weight nuetral.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2006, 11:38 AM   #3
(female)

fremosan HB User
Re: abilify and zoloft combination

Thanks Troy I really appreciate the input, it is so hard to regulate meds.

Closed Thread