It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2006, 11:25 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User
Goody

Goody

Big hugs to you..... Hope you are doing okay today.

Coffeegirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2006, 12:24 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User
Re: Goody

I wanted to say the same thing, Goody. I know how close you and Ruth were from reading your posts, and I know you must be devastated. I know how sensitive I am to such things. I even got teary eyed today thinking about her. And I didn't really even know her. So I know you must be experiencing much deeper emotions and your heart is hurting.

Like you always tell everyone else ((((((HUGS)))))) to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2006, 10:17 PM   #3
(female)

Strawberry.hill HB User

Goody, I just read the message. I know this must be very hard on you. Know that I am also here for you. I am kind of upset now, but I will keep checking the board. I'll keep both of you in my prayers tonight.
Hugs
Strawberry

Old 11-07-2006, 07:31 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

Thanks, Coffeegirl for reaching out.....yes the loss of our dear Ruth is something truly sad.....her words and posts were a gift to many here, I know that this HB family is truly feeling the pain of knowing that we will never see another one of our dear Ruth's posts. Her posts were almost a lifeline to me and many others here and I know that we will ALL miss them even though all that she shared with us will live on. I know for me all I have to do is a search and her words will always be there for me and for all of you as almost an oracle to help us continue our journey here knowing that she is still among us in spirit and in love.

She gave me a wonderful gift of friendship enough to lead me here to her special family.....she told me that I would find love and comfort here and I truly have. Ruth knew that even if she couldn't be here for me that I would have so many others here to offer me love and support. She KNEW that this is a wonderful place full of so many special people and that like we shared many a time, there would be comfort in knowing that we are never alone in our time of need. And in her loving unselfish way she welcomed me with open arms into her family here where I could learn and share in the lives of so many wise, loving, knowledgeable people. And for that I will be forever grateful.

Ruth left many memories here but one very special message for me that now serves to comfort me.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth
And I hope you know that somethings, like cybertwins, never ever ever go away.
Ruthie
Thanks Gav, Strawberry and all you wonderful people of this board for knowing how difficult a time this is for me but no less difficult than it must be for all of you. Ruth, was in a way, the icing to the cake and in her humble way would never acknowledge that.....but she truly was. It will be difficult to come here knowing that her posts will never again be seen, however, I think that we will all agree that what she left behind is a great legacy of how Bipolar can rear it's ugly face into our lives and we can learn to embrace it and turn it around into something beautiful that will touch the lives of many. Ruth taught each and everyone of us how to fight for stability and to never give up and to be responsible for our own wellness doing our best to overcome all the obstacles ~ changing what we could, learning to accept what we couldn't, and knowing the difference between the two. She was a living example of that and I know that many of us here will strive to do the same.

In essence, Ruth became a bridge of allowing those with Bipolar help those who were not to understand AND those who were not Bipolar to gain a better understanding as well. Without that understanding each would lack the ability to heal and to see that there is good in the bad, strength in the weak, and hope when there seems to be none. There IS a light at the end of the tunnel and Ruth was there to let each and everyone of us know that with enough faith and hope we will see it too!!!

I thank God for her leading me to this wonderful family.....she KNEW something good when she saw it and was always willing to share.

Thanks again for the (((((HUGS))))) and kind words and letting me know that you are all still here.

((((HUGS)))) ~ Goody

PS ~ As a tribute to Ruth, I have promised with each post to add the wave to the angel that each of us had attached to our name. She always gave me a wave to let me know that she was there thinking about me and I figured now is a time for me to do the same.

Old 11-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User

Here, here!

A big cheer for Ruth, her life and all her invaluable contribution, to us and many others. We should all add a little cheer in Ruth's name. I'll start...

So here's to Ruth! A life loved that will not easily be forgotten.

Closed Thread