It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2006, 01:39 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User
hypomania-depression/sickness

In the past, it has been a repetive thing that I've developed hypomania after becoming sick. Has this happened ever happened to any of you?

Right now I am being tested for a viral infection or the flu bug. I totally feel like I've been hit by a semi truck or have ran into a brick wall, high fever, etc. Just feel like yuck. The doctor told me to stay away from everyone as much as possible, including my own kids. That is upsetting news.

I've been put on Tamiflu to treat the symptoms.

Coffeegirl

Old 11-07-2006, 05:52 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User
Re: hypomania-depression/sickness

Hi, Coffeegirl I really can't answer your question from personal experience but I would think that anything that physically affects you will also have a mental effect. I know that when I was younger that everytime I was coming down with my period or an illness I would faint!! The first few times it happened I would freak out but after a while I developed ways of knowing what occurred beforehand and many times prevented it from happening.

I am so sorry to hear that you are quarrantined from your boys and feeling so bad. Are you able to take your meds??? Also, I am sure that you are not able to eat and sleep like you need to and that may have an effect on how things are going with your mood (hypomania).

I hope you feel better soon and that everybody in your home does not come down with the same. Rest up, drink plenty of fluids and take this time to take care of just YOU.....we all know how busy those boys keep you!!

(((((HUGS)))))) ~ Goody

PS ~ Thanks so much for reaching out to me when you are feeling so badly yourself. I have left a message for you on the other thread. Feel better, my friend.

Last edited by goody2shuz; 11-07-2006 at 05:53 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread