It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2006, 11:49 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

leasarenay HB User
Bipolar and Wellbutrin XL 150mg

I have taken seroquel for about one and half years and it seems to help alot. I take lithium and med for thyroid (don't have thyroid problem but it helps). My doc gave me cymbalta last week and it seemed to help my agitation. Stop taking after 7 days because of complete loss of sex and ability to orgasm. Gave me terrible diarr but could take that. He changed me to Wellbutrin XL 150mg and I am afraid I will get irritable. I take seroquel and lithium which is supposed to stop mania. He thinks I have been depressed but all I know is I have been irritable. My marriage is on rocks because he does not understand I can't help my mood swings, mostly my anger. I am easy to get along with most of the time but when Im manic or depressed or mixed, I am a mess. I swallowed a hand full of pills three weeks ago and nobody knew it until I woke up the next day. My husband had an idea but I lied to him before I went out. I woke up and I am so happy I did and I thanked God. I can't live with my husband's judgements and attitude. He left for business trip the night after I had a anger outburst that included breaking a few things, nothing major but I still did it. The next morning I woke up and he was gone. I was supposed to drive him to the airport. He was gone for a week and I felt so terrible because we are very close. Every time I brought it up on the phone that week he was angry. No matter how hard I cried, he was still hateful. I want to seperate but he does not want to, I don't want to be judged and have him angry for things I cannot help. My doc and his nurse talked to my husband and explained I cannot help this but he still gets furious and screams and ignores me no matter how much I say I am sorry. I am so hurt because I can't help these anger attacks and he treats me like I can. I just want it over and he wont let go but he wont help me either. He is making me more sick. I love him dearly and he is sweet to me except when I am sick and he makes me feel worse. I am so afraid I will be at a weak point one day and he pushes me over the edge. I am so afraid I will get sick and cut my wrists. Does anyone else fear this when they get sick? Is anyone know what it is like to be afraid you will not be able to stop yourself from checking out? Does anyone take Wellbutrin XL and does it help you? Does it cause anger and irritability? I wish I had a miracle drug that would not have these side effects. Does anyone feel alone in all of this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2006, 06:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User
Re: Bipolar and Wellbutrin XL 150mg

I take Wellbutrin XL. It works well for me. It does not cause me to become angry or aggressive. I also take Topamax. It is used as a mood stabilizer. It also treats the aggression and anger problems that I have, along with the bulimia. It has been a tremendous help for me. The drugs I take all have worked well in the combination for my sake, but every drug works differently for every person. I also take Abilify and Buspar.

Coffeegirl

Old 11-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

leasarenay HB User

Thanks for answering. What is Topamax and Buspar.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User

Topamax is a mood stabilizer and Buspar is an anxiety medication.

How are you doing?

Coffeegirl

Old 11-10-2006, 02:35 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

leasarenay HB User

I am ok, but I am so afraid that I am going to get manic on Wellbutrin and that means I will get agitated and argumenative.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:25 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User

Why do you feel you are going to get manic on the Wellbutrin? It can cause some anxiety but not usually mania.

Focus more on the positives of the drug working. It will take about 2-3 weeks for the drug to take effect, as do most medications. By then, if you aren't feeling much better, or by week 3, then you will know it is a) not working b) is causing you negative results. In the meantime, the other issues you are embarking on are still a result of leading into the medication trying to work itself out. Give it a chance- and yourself a chance as well.

As for your relationship with your hubby, that is something I can relate to. Back when I had a severe manic episode, my DH needed some coaching to the fact that I had a mental illness. It took me having a mental breakdown- literally, and having us go through intense marital counseling, he then also attended some of my counseling sessions with me, and then later was able to better understand the illness and how 'I worked'. That is my story. Therapy helps some people and I was one of them.

Medication can only do so much, and then you have to learn how to cope by using behavioral mechanisms. That can be taught through therapy. Individual, family, and group.

You are able to see what is going on, and that is a good thing. You have acknowledged the problem- and that is the key. If you weren't aware of it, then there would be a huge issue. Right? He needs to understand that is a positive. Some people aren't aware of what their actions are, and continue to be in denial of what they do, then get angrier and their actions get even worse. That happened to me for a while. I was in denial- and boom; I exploded at my family when I was manic. It does happen. You see it- and that is good!

I hope you are okay tonight. Being alone when a spouse is on business is difficult. When my DH goes away it is hard. Taking pills is another thing- DO NOT DO THAT!! That is dangerous, and makes your spouse feel even worse. You could have harmed yourself terribly. Gosh, you are very fortunate.

You take care of yourself. Wish you well, and that this weekend goes by with good results for you. All positive and with hope.

Coffeegirl

Last edited by coffeegirl2; 11-10-2006 at 07:26 PM.

Closed Thread