It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2006, 11:40 AM   #1
(female)

Lanugo HB User
Smile To: Zoe the Scot

I read your last post and totally saw myself in it. I was taking an SSRI after realising just how much I'd been crying. I've taken them before but never for more than a month. This time after taking it for around 2 & a half months I suddenly started experiencing mania - where I had to do everything and do it all know (the best way I can describe it). I believe that I have been misdiagnosed with depression on a number of occasions and am now keeping a diary of my feelings (past and present) to take with me to the psyche referral I seem to be waiting so long for. Are you awaiting referral? Keep me posted on how you're doing. I don't know what the Mental Health dept is like in Scotland but it may just suck as much as this English one. Hang in there and chase it up if you really believe there is more going on with you than they think.

Lanugo xx

Old 11-08-2006, 12:02 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

xxxzoexxx HB User
Re: To: Zoe the Scot

I'm assuming this is for me! lol

I went to the doctors today, and gave her a note of the symptoms i had been experiencing on the meds, and told her i had also had symptoms like that when off meds aswell. She is planning to refer me as soon as possible and i have an other appointment in two weeks. Hopefully i can just be diagnosed, as i have all sorts of symptoms, and it would be nice to know what's wrong with me so i know how to help myself, and get the right therapy meds ect.

thank you for your post!

Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2006, 12:29 AM   #3
(female)

crazywoman77 HB User
Re: To: Zoe the Scot

Hi there sorry to but in here but just wanted to say i see where both of you are coming from with symptoms and the docs. I have been like this since around age 14/15 and whilst living in the uk i have been diagnosed with all sorts of depression non of which ever really seemed to fit me and some of the anti depressants I was on have made me much worse resulting in many a suicide attempt. However when we moved to germany and my hubby went to iraq i had another episode and ended up back in hospital (scarey when you dont speak the language) the first pshyc i saw was a german who spoke no english not nice but then thankfully the army arranged for a british pshyc to see me and straight off when i told him what i go through i had my diagnosis. So I can sympathise with the frustration of waiting for the right actions to be taken on the nhs 15 years on i have finally started getting the help i need. Good luck and I will pray that you both get the right help soon.

Closed Thread