It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #1
(male)

Dannyk HB User
Hello Everyone

Hi everyone,

This is my first posting here. I was diagnosed 3 years ago as BP and they said it was probably going on for many years before that. As if I didn't know already. I am just looking for support. I hope I have come to the right place. There are no groups around my area and I feel quit alone with it. I am trying with all my might to deal with it but none the less it sucks.

Dan

Old 11-09-2006, 05:01 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User
Re: Hello Everyone

Welcome, Dan Yup this is the right place to be. I have a 15 year old daughter who was just diagnosed and the support here is just awesome. It's great that you are seeking out others who are going through the same thing.

How are you doing now??? Are you on meds and do you feel as if they are helping????

I am on the other side of the fence as a family member so feel free to ask any questions that you may have in that regard. Others who have BP will soon chime in but I just wanted to tell you that you are amongst a great bunch of people.

(((((HUGS))))) ~ Goody

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
(female)

LAP18 HB User

Hi Dan,
I'm glad you have joined us. Like Goody, I am a mom of a 17 year old bipolar daughter. We are here for you.

How are you?
Laura

Old 11-09-2006, 06:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kiehn HB User

Hi Dan and Welcome
There is a lot of great support here, those that are looking for support
for themselves and those that are looking for help for a loved one. I was diagnosed in 93 and also have a daughter 22yrs old daughter that is bipolar.
Learning to deal with bipolar issues can sometimes be frustrating to say the least but there's is such great support here. Give it a try. Kiehn

Old 11-10-2006, 04:41 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

jgr01 HB User

Hi Dan,

I was diagnosed 6 years ago. I hate it. I want my life back. However, in the event I do actually have a life, I am learning to deal with it post diagnosis. I have found that this actually takes several turns - you think you're ok and then you have a blip. But hey, I can walk, talk, feel the sun, rain wind, love and live. You will get lots of info and support here. I'm a bit down and frustrated today so this post maybe a little devoid of upbeat emotion, sorry!

Welcome

Old 11-10-2006, 11:52 AM   #6
(female)

makeworldgoaway HB User

Welcome Dan & I am up today so I can say a cheery hello...yes it does suck, the ups & downs-I am a rapid cycler BP so it gets dizzy...but you have come to the right place.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #7
(male)

Dannyk HB User

Right now I am on abilify, lexapro, klonopin, and provigil. The abilify is somewhat keeping the mania in check but my severe depression has been hanging on for months. My mania cycles aren't quite as extreme as some but none the less they are still bothersome to those around me. People at work think I am a kook. Most times I feel I don't fit in with the "regular" crowds but that doesn't really bother me too much since I get bad panic attacks even thinking about getting around crowds. That has been a serious problem here at home since my family likes to go go go and the more people the merrier. Is there anyone else like that here?

Another thing that has been causing some problems is my spending habits. I wrecklessly spend money that I shouldn't...even on junk that I don't need. I just feel compelled to do it. I could go on but I'm sure most of you know what I am talking about. If I don't end now I will end up with a novel here for you to read.

Thank you

Dan

Old 11-10-2006, 01:44 PM   #8
(female)

makeworldgoaway HB User

Oh yes, I have a big problem with getting out & crowds. And it is also a problem for my family & mostly husband-kids are grown & gone. He thinks I don't want to do anything with him...I do go out once in awhile-just the two of us, I couldn't handle a party type atmosphere-but mostly only to the grocery store once a week! I have a big social phobia thing & paranoia problem...if I had my druthers I'd stay at home & have everything I need just brought to me...I forget what the condition is called where people don't leave their home at all for years, I wouldn't say I have that because I can go out without having a meltdown, however it is a big big problem & I've been like this forever. I fortunately have never reached full mania where I keep spending & spending, I think I've only experienced hypomania where I would like to spend the rest of my life.

Closed Thread