It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2006, 05:46 PM   #1
(female)

suzannecaroline HB User
antidepressant other than wellbutrin

Can anyone recommend me to an antidepressant (ssri) other than wellbutrin? I am going to the doc soon and he wants to put me on effexor, but Im nervous about having similar panicy feelings like I did on the wellbutrin.

Old 11-09-2006, 11:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User
Re: antidepressant other than wellbutrin

I was on wellbutrin too and it made me very nervous, panic attacks, couldn't sleep for days etc. I was wired to the max on that! But now I am on zoloft (in addition to the lamictal) and it does work well for me. I am not saying that it will work well for you because we are all so different. But I do like it and it has made me less nervous. Good luck I hope that you can find something that will help you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2006, 09:10 PM   #3
(female)

suzannecaroline HB User

thanks for yout suggetion and response. It is interesting how the wellbutrin made me feel horrible- panic attacks, wired etc. but the doctor said he never heard of that complaint. I though I was more strange for having such a reaction. Does zoloft give you any anxiety? Thanks

Old 11-10-2006, 10:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kiehn HB User

Hi,
Welburtrin works great for my huband and daughter (she's also bipolar) but for me it was one of the worst things I had ever tried, I got very agreesive,
I litterly had to restrain myself from getting violent. My other daughter has taken effexor for a couple of years and does great. I havent tried it, so I cant give you a comparison there, however I have tried zoloft and it seems to work pretty good, not many side effects. The only thing I've noticed is it decreases the sex drive. Hope this helps, Butterfly wishes, Sue

Old 11-17-2006, 08:37 PM   #5
(female)

suzannecaroline HB User

been on zoloft for past week and so far so good. feeling lots better.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:11 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User

Yay! I'm glad that the zoloft seems to be working ok for you. I really don't think I have any side effects from it at all. (well, except for making me a little too high and needing to lower the dose to 50mg) I've been on it for about 5 months now I think. Good luck with it!

Closed Thread