It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2006, 04:18 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

boiler454 HB User
Zyprexa?

I amnot being treated for bi-polar, i am being treated for severe ocd. I have been on zyprexa for 5 weeks now. Could this medication give me suicidal thoughtsw and ideations. I am having them. Just the word suicide will go through my head and the word kill. What do i do. The doc says it is not the med. Could it be. I had these symmptoms before the med but not like it feels now. Please help.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kiehn HB User
Re: Zyprexa?

Hi
I went and found a site that lists all the side effects. Some doctors dont know all the side effects only the major ones. Just in case you werent aware there are a lot of law suits going on over this drug. Check out the net. I highlighted your symtom. Good luck

Other Adverse Events Observed During the Clinical Trial Evaluation of Olanzapine

Following is a list of terms that reflect treatment-emergent adverse events reported by patients treated with olanzapine (at multiple doses ³1 mg/day) in clinical trials (8661 patients, 4165 patient-years of exposure). This listing does not include those events already listed in previous tables or elsewhere in labeling, those events for which a drug cause was remote, those event terms which were so general as to be uninformative, and those events reported only once or twice which did not have a substantial probability of being acutely life-threatening.

Events are further categorized by body system and listed in order of decreasing frequency according to the following definitions: frequent adverse events are those occurring in at least 1/100 patients (only those not already listed in the tabulated results from placebo-controlled trials appear in this listing); infrequent adverse events are those occurring in 1/100to 1/1000patients; rare events are those occurring in fewer than 1/1000patients.

Body as a Whole — Frequent: dental pain and flu syndrome; Infrequent: abdomen enlarged, chills, face edema, intentional injury, malaise, moniliasis, neck pain, neck rigidity, pelvic pain, photosensitivity reaction, and suicide attempt; Rare: chills and fever, hangover effect, and sudden death.

Cardiovascular System — Frequent: hypotension; Infrequent: atrial fibrillation, bradycardia, cerebrovascular accident, congestive heart failure, heart arrest, hemorrhage, migraine, pallor, palpitation, vasodilatation, and ventricular extrasystoles; Rare: arteritis, heart failure, and pulmonary embolus.

Digestive System — Frequent: flatulence, increased salivation, and thirst; Infrequent: dysphagia, esophagitis, fecal impaction, fecal incontinence, gastritis, gastroenteritis, gingivitis, hepatitis, melena, mouth ulceration, nausea and vomiting, oral moniliasis, periodontal abscess, rectal hemorrhage, stomatitis, tongue edema, and tooth caries; Rare: aphthous stomatitis, enteritis, eructation, esophageal ulcer, glossitis, ileus, intestinal obstruction, liver fatty deposit, and tongue discoloration.

Endocrine System — Infrequent: diabetes mellitus; Rare: diabetic acidosis and goiter.

Hemic and Lymphatic System — Infrequent: anemia, cyanosis, leukocytosis, leukopenia, lymphadenopathy, and thrombocytopenia; Rare: normocytic anemia and thrombocythemia.

Metabolic and Nutritional Disorders — Infrequent: acidosis, alkaline phosphatase increased, bilirubinemia, dehydration, hypercholesteremia, hyperglycemia, hyperlipemia, hyperuricemia, hypoglycemia, hypokalemia, hyponatremia, lower extremity edema, and upper extremity edema; Rare: gout, hyperkalemia, hypernatremia, hypoproteinemia, ketosis, and water intoxication.

Musculoskeletal System — Frequent: joint stiffness and twitching; Infrequent: arthritis, arthrosis, leg cramps, and myasthenia; Rare: bone pain, bursitis, myopathy, osteoporosis, and rheumatoid arthritis.

Nervous System — Frequent: abnormal dreams, amnesia, delusions, emotional lability, euphoria, manic reaction, paresthesia, and schizophrenic reaction; Infrequent: akinesia, alcohol misuse, antisocial reaction, ataxia, CNS stimulation, cogwheel rigidity, delirium, dementia, depersonalization, dysarthria, facial paralysis, hypesthesia, hypokinesia, hypotonia, incoordination, libido decreased, libido increased, obsessive compulsive symptoms, phobias, somatization, stimulant misuse, stupor, stuttering, tardive dyskinesia, vertigo, and withdrawal syndrome; Rare: circumoral paresthesia, coma, encephalopathy, neuralgia, neuropathy, nystagmus, paralysis, subarachnoid hemorrhage, and tobacco misuse.

Respiratory System — Frequent: dyspnea; Infrequent: apnea, asthma, epistaxis, hemoptysis, hyperventilation, hypoxia, laryngitis, and voice alteration; Rare: atelectasis, hiccup, hypoventilation, lung edema, and stridor.

Skin and Appendages — Frequent: sweating; Infrequent: alopecia, contact dermatitis, dry skin, eczema, maculopapular rash, pruritus, seborrhea, skin discoloration, skin ulcer, urticaria, and vesiculobullous rash; Rare: hirsutism and pustular rash.

Special Senses — Frequent: conjunctivitis; Infrequent: abnormality of accommodation, blepharitis, cataract, deafness, diplopia, dry eyes, ear pain, eye hemorrhage, eye inflammation, eye pain, ocular muscle abnormality, taste perversion, and tinnitus; Rare: corneal lesion, glaucoma, keratoconjunctivitis, macular hypopigmentation, miosis, mydriasis, and pigment deposits lens.

Urogenital System — Frequent: vaginitis*; Infrequent: abnormal ejaculation*, amenorrhea*, breast pain, cystitis, decreased menstruation*, dysuria, female lactation*, glycosuria, gynecomastia, hematuria, impotence*, increased menstruation*, menorrhagia*, metrorrhagia*, polyuria, premenstrual syndrome*, pyuria, urinary frequency, urinary retention, urinary urgency, urination impaired, uterine fibroids enlarged*, and vaginal hemorrhage*; Rare: albuminuria, breast enlargement, mastitis, and oliguria.

-------------------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2006, 02:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User

You should contact your dr. right away any time you are having thoughts like that

I am taking Zyprexa. ( for 6 weeks.). now and it has helped me so much..

I dont have the high anxiety now that I did before taking it.

Zyprexa. is known to the the silver bullet of healing....

Old 11-12-2006, 11:17 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

boiler454 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarenR
You should contact your dr. right away any time you are having thoughts like that

I am taking Zyprexa. ( for 6 weeks.). now and it has helped me so much..

I dont have the high anxiety now that I did before taking it.

Zyprexa. is known to the the silver bullet of healing....
how long did it take to start working? Was it right away?

Old 11-12-2006, 12:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User

yes I saw a difference within 24 hours. my anxiety was totally gone. but I am eating a lot and they say one can gain weight on this. drug..this drug is amazing to me. but I have had dreams. but they say it blocks your feelings hence the dreams. occur

Question.. Are you real drousy from taking Zyprexa.? I am afraid to drive so dont take for 12hours. as I get drousy. if I need to be out driving a lot. Has anyone told you if you should not drive right after taking it.?

Closed Thread