It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2007, 01:28 AM   #1
(female)

blauermonday HB User
Worried About the Future

I am very scared and worried--if I don't get a job by 2/1, I will have to give up my apartment and find new homes for my 3 pets. I would have to move back in with my parents. I know that worrying doesn't help me one bit, but sometimes I just can't squash it. I think having an independent space and my little furry friends is good for my mental health, and giving up the pets would break my heart; I have had them so long, and who wants to adopt old or ailing animals when there are cute kittens to be had? I know it is irrational, but I am afraid if I have to move back home, that will be it, game over. Might as well institutionalize me.
Just had to express this and get it out of my system...

Funny how I can be posting to another member about how there is hope just recently and then I can be posting this. I better go look at my butterfly jacket! Hopeful--hopeless--hopeful--hopeless--hopeful.....

Old 01-08-2007, 05:33 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

tsohl HB User
Re: Worried About the Future

My motherly instincts also note the time of your post. Are you taking care of yourself? Getting enough sleep? Trying to keep to a routine? I would suggest you look at your butterfly jacket during the day and try to get regular sleep at night!

Would it be possible to take a job that you could get right away--something to tide you over until you get the type of job you're looking for? Or is there some kind of rent assistance program in your area? How about going to a temp. employment office to see what they might have that you could get right away? I'd hate for you to lose your apartment. I'll be sending lots of positive energy your way, wishing you the best....Tsohl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2007, 08:41 AM   #3
(female)

blauermonday HB User

tsohl,

Thanks for your post. It is nice when at least one person posts once a person has started a new string, you know?

I have been trying very hard to take good care of myself, but I also suffer from fibromyalgia and back injuries from a car accident, and the extreme weather shifts where I live are really aggravating those conditions. That is why I was awake that late that night. I think I have been having what they call a flare for about 2 weeks now. Fortunately, I have a primary doc appointment today.

I have been registered with 2 employment agencies, have had my resume on the web, and applied to at least a dozen job opportunities online. I am limited somewhat on what I can do because of the conditions I mentioned above--meant seasonal sales or stocking positions weren't really an option. Believe me, I would have done that if I could have, just to gain the time. It didn't help that everything slows down so during the holidays--everybody wants to party or plan the party, or meet the budget. I think I have an interview tomorrow, though.

When I am not feeling so hopeless, I know something will come soon--I do have some great skills and qualifications; I just worry about the timing. My father can't pay my rent forever, especially since one of my other sisters is in the same boat, but with no good job prospects, and she needs the financial help too. But I think my mom is very sympathetic, especially understanding how traumatic it would be to lose the cats, how I really have been trying, and doing better considering all I have been through in the last 9 months. She does have a lot of open credit she could use if she wanted, but oh, how I long not to have to keep needing their gracious help. I want to earn my own way, not add to the burdens. I know my parents don't expect or want a dime back from me, but that doesn't feel okay after all they have done for me. I know someday that extra money will be needed, perhaps during their retirement. But hopefully by then I will have a stable history of working again.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauermonday
tsohl,

My father can't pay my rent forever, especially since one of my other sisters is in the same boat, but with no good job prospects, and she needs the financial help too.
can you and your sister live together to share rent expenses?

Old 01-09-2007, 09:27 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

tsohl HB User

Hi Linda,
As the mom of a 25-year old, I can relate to your situation and to that of your parents. It sounds like you are working hard to maintain your health and stability and that you are looking for work. Try to stay positive and believe that something will open up for you soon. I'm sending lots of positive vibes your way! Take good care, Tsohl

Old 01-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #6
(female)

SELFDIDIT2005 HB User

I know how hard life is these days,but I will be praying for you and if God cannot do all things no one can....keep your chin up it will all work out GOD BLESS YOU Lisa

Old 01-10-2007, 06:31 AM   #7
(female)

blauermonday HB User

I thought about the possibility of living with my sister, but she is allergic to cats and lives in another state, Nevada. I don't think the snowy weather would be good for my fibromyalgia and back problems, and she absolutely will not leave the Reno area for some reason.

I am hopeful today--I have 2 interviews.

Thanks for the prayers and positive wishes!

Old 01-10-2007, 06:37 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

tsohl HB User

Hi Linda,
Good luck with your interviews today. I am sending LOTS of positive vibes your way!! Cheers! Tsohl

Old 01-10-2007, 06:47 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User

hi blauermonday, I do also think that having your own place and pets is beneficial to one's mental health. I just recently got my own place and since I am at a slightly better place stability-wise, it has been good for me to get out of my parent's house.

If you cannot find a job by 2/1 can your parents loan you the money and then you could continue to search and pay them back? Or could you just take a job that is a kind of "last resort" option for you and then keep searching until you find a better one? At least that way you will have a job and have money for rent and at the same time you can still be looking for a better job.

I hope you find one so you will be able to hang onto your apartment! Keep us updated!

Old 01-11-2007, 05:57 AM   #10
(female)

blauermonday HB User
Cool Re: Worried About the Future

Thank you once again all for the prayers and positive energy--I got a job yesterday! They offered it about an hour after my interview. It is only for sure for 1 month, but it is kind of a probation period, to see how I do and if it will be a good fit, so now it is my chance to DO something, prove myself. I am very excited, and immensely grateful. It means I can keep the apartment and my pets for at least 2 months more, and if the job works out, hopefully, longer. Since it is through the temp employment agency, I will get paid weekly and not get stuck waiting 3 weeks for my first paycheck. And, I start TODAY! Miracles happen....

I got offered the second job, too, and did really well on the competency tests for it, but it is only for 3 weeks. If the shifts work out, I may be able to do both, and save the extra for more months rent. I am not sure what is the wisest course on this yet, but I have a little time to decide before it starts, 2 weeks.

I can't stop smiling and thinking "thank you-thank you-thank you" to God, and to my virtual support group of you!

Old 01-11-2007, 06:01 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

tsohl HB User

Hurrah Linda!!!
Excellent news!!!
You believed in yourself and that confidance carried you through.
I am so happy for you.
Often these temporary situations work into full-time, permanant jobs, so show them what you can do!!

Cheers,
Tsohl

Old 01-11-2007, 07:07 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Hey that's really great news!

Old 01-11-2007, 04:16 PM   #13
(female)

SELFDIDIT2005 HB User

I Am Sooo Happy For You About Your Job.....lisa

Old 01-11-2007, 04:38 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

What wonderful news I was on the sidelines cheering and saying a prayer for you too, hoping that you could continue to keep that apartment and the independence you have estabilshed for yourself.

You just showed us all how when you really want something and go after it you can truly get it!!!

Glad to share in your good news!!! I really admire your "go for it" attitude!! Keep up the good work and I have a feeling that both employers are going to love you!!

(((HUGS))) and congrats ~ Goody

Old 01-11-2007, 09:08 PM   #15
(female)

blauermonday HB User
Smile Re: Worried About the Future

My first day went really well, and passed quickly because I was involved in work I truly enjoy.

Thanks for celebrating with me!

Sometimes the tears we cry are tears of joy and gratitude... I must strive to remember this feeling of gratefulness, on the hard days, because it will be worth fighting through them in order to keep my independence and the meowing trio.

Time to get to bed, though.

In return for what you have meant to me, may good come back to you, kindred spirits!

Closed Thread