It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User
Seroquel and Lamictal

OK, so my pdoc added 75mg of seroquel along with the 150mg of lamictal that I am taking. I was bouncing off the walls in her office. haha I guess that's why she added another med agian?

That's ok though because I was getting so restless I couldn't stand it! I feel a lot calmer already and it knocked me out for about 3 hours! Sleep is good!

Eek, I am worried about weight gain though. Hopefully I will not gain too much. This worries me!!!

Old 01-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

tsohl HB User
Re: Seroquel and Lamictal

Goody's daughter takes this combination, too. I'm sure she'll chime in soon with any information she has on the topic. I think you'll find that the seroquel will be a nice compliment to lamictal. I don't think seroquel necessarily causes weight gain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2007, 05:55 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

Hey, Llama Tsohl was right...my daughter is on that combo and it is great for her. The Seroquel is great in terms of helping her with the agitation, frustration and anger and is also a med that addresses more of the depressive pole of the disorder as does the Lamictal. As far as weight gain.....we have been on it for about 3 months now and with very little weight gain. She was on Risperdal before that and did gain some weight which she has recently lost while on the Seroquel. My daughter is sitting right next to me and tells me that it definitely increases her appetite but she has just recently made a big effort of incorporating exercise into her daily routine as well as watching the sugar, fat, and carbs in her diet and has totally eliminated soda and finds that she is able to keep her weight down.

As we all know, everybody's response to meds is different.....what will make one person gain weight may not do the same to another.

I really hope that this combo works out for you.....as far as the Seroquel it will make you tired but give it sometime....my daughter has no problem with it and takes 100mgs in the morning and 200mgs at night. When they increased it she even felt faint but within a day that got better. So hang in there with it. And the Lamictal is a a great med with a great side effect profile. You would never know that my daughter was on meds with this combo so there are no complaints here as far as side effects go.

Keep us posted with how this combo works for you and feel free to ask me any more questions you may have.

(((HUGS))) ~ Goody

Old 01-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User

Thanks for the replies guys!!

Goody, thank you and your daughter for letting me know about the possible appetite increase in advance. At least this is something that I know I can look out for now! That really helps me not be so nervous about this med. I am sure the tiredness will pass in time too. It's funny that your daughter and I are on the same combo of meds.

Closed Thread