It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paige1989 HB User
New Outlook, New Year, New Chances

.....Looking back, a lot that happened over the year that, in the past, I would have regretted, I don't regret a thing. I've figured out this year that regretting doesn't get you anywhere so why not just take life as it comes? I don't even regret everything that's gone on with Mark over the past seven years anymore...It's done and past so I don't need to worry about it. I just have to worry about NOW. This concept is very new to me...I may have preached it in the past, but now I want to actually apply it to my life and work with everything in due time. I like this new outlook. So all is right with the world.

So here starts my senior year of high school...sorta, seeing as it's still the summer but technically I'm a senior. I plan on doing different things with my time and trying to put necessities (mental health, for instance) first and let the other priorities fall into balance as they may. So here's to a good year so long as I can keep this into perspective. And if I lose it, just redirect me to my first post here. XD

<3
Paige
1mg. Klonopin
0.5-1mg. Ativan
I'm not crazy ~ I'm mentally interesting!

Old 06-19-2007, 07:42 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

emeraldeyes114 HB User
Re: New Outlook, New Year, New Chances

Paige,

That is awesome! It sounds like you have really hit not only a high note but something positive to shoot for. That is great to hear.

Eme

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

langlee HB User

Congrats, Paige. You sound wonderful. You are a senior now - yea!

Love,

Hope

Old 06-19-2007, 08:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paige1989 HB User

Thanks for the encouragement.

And I also wanted to take this from my previous thread:

So we'll see how it works. As it stands, my schedule for next year is:

AP English Lit.
Academic Government
German I (instead of AP French...)
Environmental Explorations
AP Psychology
Teacher Cadet
Semester of Comparative Religions and Semester of Philosphy (in lieu of AP Stats)

Which means NO MATH next year. *Dances* And not totally overloaded with AP classes. I think I was out of my tree when I thought I could tackle four plus Teacher Cadet, which is also college level. :S

^ That gives me a clear view of what I have planned so if things start to head downward, I'll know what I wanted to achieve.

AND, I have to post daily now for the HP Countdown as it's officially a month away:
31 Days. ^_^ 30 in about half an hour, though.
1mg. Klonopin
0.5-1mg. Ativan

Old 06-20-2007, 05:28 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

Hahahahahahahahaha Paige you are a BIG ray of sunshine around here!! See, now you've got Goody wearng her sunglasses!!!

Yup....now you are a bigshot Senior.....you survived the biggest climb of the mountain and things should begin leveling off now. I think it is GREAT that you dropped some of those AP courses....that way your transcript will show some continued challenge while your grades improve.

As far as the German goes....Goody took 5 years of German and went on to take three years of Spanish in college and had 3 Cuban roomates to practice it with!!! The German was more difficult but that may be because I was able to use the Spanish more within my profession. But I don't regret taking German because it is a part of my ancestery that I wanted to learn more about. And I was also fortunate enough to make a trip over to Germany right after college when my boyfriend at the time, a West Pointer who was stationed there, flew me over to spend some time with him as my graduation gift.

I LOVE your new thread....it shows a new phase of your life in which you have grown and the reality that life is always full of ups and downs and our success and personal growth comes from how we get through them and learn from them so that we can become stronger, much more confident people, BP or not!!! And I personally have learned so much from you, Paige, and hope to continue to bear witness to your future success!!!

Okay....now for the BIG question.....what is this HB count you are talking about?? Goody has too much sun in her eyes to see what you mean!!!

Now somebody hand me a lemonade....it's time to celebrate!!!

Love ya lots, Paige!!!

Love ~ Goody

Old 06-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paige1989 HB User

HP=Harry Potter. DH=Deathly Hallows. Next books is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. ^_^

As far as German goes, my whole family says it's a difficult language. :-/ But with that in mind, my challenge-seeking self wants to take it more. :S And I figure level I German can't be /that/ taxing because it's the first level and it's high school so it's not like college where the first year is equivalent to two-three years in high school. So I shall give it a shot.

<3 Paige

30 Days.
1mg. Klonopin
0.5-1mg. Ativan

Old 06-21-2007, 01:10 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paige1989 HB User

Ugh, I get to battle situational depression now. -__- A few days ago, one of our dogs got into a fight with a racoon. Today we found out that the racoon tested positive for rabies so we have two choices:
Euthanise our dog right way
Quarnteen him for six months to see if he is rabid

Not very good choices. :-/ Personally, I think we should euthanise him because he's only going to suffer if he's quaranteened and be forced to stay away from people. But I think Mom wants to go the other route. So I'm not sure what's happening right now.

I also got sick at work today. Again. And every time I do, it's the same managers. >.> They're understanding and all, but it makes me feel bad...

Oh, and I saw my pdoc today. I'm coming off the Seroquel completely because I really don't like it. >.< After I come off of it, I have two choices: Risperdel or Depakote. I think I'll go with the Risperdel just because it means less blood checks. >.> But yeah, that's the update. Everything's happening at once, as per usual, but hopefully things'll clear up...

29 Days.

Paige
1mg. Klonopin
0.5-1mg. Ativan

Old 06-22-2007, 08:18 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paige1989 HB User

The one chance we had at quaranteen seems to have fallen through because the family (who live on a huge farm/estate thingy) I know is trying to sell their house. >.< Not sure yet. Still playing it by ear.

Oh, and I'm going to Ray's for the weekend. ^_^

28 Days (today)
27 Days (tomorrow)

^_^
1mg. Klonopin
0.5-1mg. Ativan

Old 06-22-2007, 02:48 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

langlee HB User

Paige,

Have a good time at Ray's and please keep us posted about your dog. I can imagine how hard it is when a pet is suffering.

Love,

Hope

Old 06-26-2007, 09:15 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paige1989 HB User

Ugh, sorry about not posting for a few days...busy, busy, busy. We're quaranteening Houston in our backyard in a pen my friend (farm friend who couldn't house Houston) lent us. Ugh, it's hard, though. We got him a muzzle for night wear as he barks a lot...it didn't work. He gets it off every time so we ended up taking him inside last night even though we're not supposed to. >.< So we'll see how it goes...regardless, it's going to be a loonnggg six months. -__-

Oh, and I started Driving/Behind-the-Wheel School yesterday. <.< First day=AWFUL. The guy did nothing but yell...nearly threw me into a meltdown/panic attack behind the wheel...held it together until I got home and then just broke down completely. Decided I'd never drive again. Mom didn't let that one happen...she made me drive last night to 'prepare' for today. I think it sorta helped, but I'm not holding my breath yet. Still four days+test day to get through first. I definitely don't like the instructor, though. He's vague and then expects us to know EXACTLY what he meant. >.>

Eh, when does my life ever slow down?? So much for a relaxing summer. Hopefully after Sunday, things will calm down. And, hopefully after Sunday, I'll have my license. If I make it that long. :P

Paige
24 Days 'til HP&DH Book
14 Days 'til HP&OotP Movie

^___^
1mg. Klonopin
0.5-1mg. Ativan

Old 06-26-2007, 09:49 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

Hi, Paige, sweetie I am sorry that you are having such a rough time with the driving....I assume that you are taking a driver's ed course...right??? See here in NY when you turn 16 you can get a driver's permit which allows you to learn how to drive with a parent or licensed driver over the age of 21. That is where Erin is at. We will see how she does and she can take the driver's ed course beginning next year during her junior year but the seniors of course get first preference and then they go by the date that your learner's permit was first issued.

Anyway....don't take on too much pressure....do your best and if you are not ready this year then you can try again next year. Do you think that you are ready to drive yet or do you need to??? I must be honest....with Erin and how easily she gets frustrated and upset I am not really comfortable signing off on her driving all on her own as of yet. But I am okay with her learning how to drive with me in the car although a few times there I was really worried about some of the mistakes she was making....like pulling out of a parking spot and turning the wheel and almost scratching up the side of a car. And then parking behind a car and letting off the brake before it was in park and almost hitting the back of the other car.

Anyway....see how things go....do your best and please don't be upset if you don't get your license just yet. There is plenty of time to do so....I didn't get mine until I was 20 or so. And I really liked the way that your mom handled it....that's the mom sort of thing to do and I am sure it improved your self confidence which is always a plus....right????

I am glad that HP countdown is keeping you busy.....are you going to go to the movie with anyone in particular??? I know that you mentioned a while back that you might be going with your prom date (sorry, I forgot his name ) Is he still going to go with you???

Erin is doing okay but like you things really seem to frustrate her and upset her more easliy than they would her peers. She took the boat across the way with a few of her friends to go to the beach and it stalled out....she got it over there and they started charging for docking it there when they hadn't in the past. I asked her if she had the money and she did. She was all upset almost in a meltdown mode....I told her that it was okay, that thankfully she was safe and docked and to enjoy the time on the beach with her friends and that her dad would come over when they were ready to come back to make sure that the boat was okay and wasn't out of gas or having a mechanical problem and if so he would tow them back. But I could tell in her voice that just the fact that those few things happened was going to make for a not so good day. And I pray that once she gets her towel layed out and has some water and a snack with her friends that things will get better. Summer IS suppose to be fun and I am hoping that both you and Erin will have a good one.

So hang in there, Paige!! There's lots to look forward to and like your new thread says....you have a new outlook, new year and tons of new chances ahead....you will still have your share of bumps in the road like we all do but in the end it's all how you handle them that makes for the final turnout.

And I just KNOW that you are going to handle things just fine!!

((((HUGS)))) ~ Goody

Old 06-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

langlee HB User

Hi Paige!

You'll get the driving out of the way, HP will come, the dog will adjust to being in the yard and the summer will be wonderful! I just know it.

Love to you,

Hope

Old 06-26-2007, 07:31 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paige1989 HB User

Well, in VA, there's a mandatory Driver's Ed. Classroom class that all sophomores take. We can get our permit at 15 and six months, then our license at 16 and three months, making it a nine month permit time period if you're ready/pass Behind-the-Wheel. However, I've had my permit for two years as of this month because when I got it I wasn't ready, then I was and there was no money or time, etc. We have to get 40 hours of driving time in (10 of which after dark) in order to even GO to Behind-the-Wheel. And it wouldn't be so pressing, but a course I'm taking next year pretty much requires me to be able to drive...Gahhh, I just waited waaayyy too long. >.>

Thanks for the support. And if you're interested, Fandango has the newest HP trailer up.

<3 Paige
1mg. Klonopin
0.5-1mg. Ativan

Old 06-27-2007, 05:54 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

leomia HB User

Paige, thats cute your HP countdown! I am gonna keep checking to find out myself!
My hubby said he would get me DH for bday (7/31) but he hasn't even pre ordered it! bum!

I cant wait either! I was also thinking of reading the last few books leading up to DH ..

Hope your dog will be ok. I am sure he will !

I was 16 and 11 mos before I got my license despite getting my permit on my 16th bday and bending a friends wheel rim! I am sure you will be fine!
I haven't driven in 2 years as I am in UK and from USA so its the wrong side! wouldn't be able to afford it here anyways .... but you sound like you are doing good! keep that up!!

Leomia

Old 06-28-2007, 08:40 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

langlee HB User

Paige -

I hope your summer is starting to get into its own rhythm. How's the dog?

What fun things do you have planned for yourself this summer? (besides HP!)

xxx
Hope

Closed Thread