It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 12:33 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

tsohl HB User
Cool Best Wishes to Paige at the start of Senior Year

Hello Paige,

I thought as the new school year approaches, you need a new thread to mark the occasion.

I've seen several posts from you in the last day or two, and it seems like you are fairly relaxed and have a good attitude as you approach your Senior year. I hope you can take things in stride and really enjoy your last year of high school.

Sending you lots and lots of good wishes,

xxoxTsohl

Old 09-03-2007, 01:18 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User
Re: Best Wishes to Paige at the start of Senior Year

I second those good wishes, Paige!!! I, too, have noticed the change in you over the past few days as you prepare for your final year of high school. I just love the way you go about doing your best and the way you have so much insight into what is going on and what you need to do in order to balance your BP with everyday life. You are truly an inspiration to many here and I KNOW that you will rise above it all and come out shining!!

As one of your many cybermoms here I am sending you positive thoughts in the hopes that this year will be a good one with minimal stress and many happy moments shared with family and friends.

As I always like to mark special occasions I have a little poem for you...

A young lady filled with hope and grace
whose words make a picture of a beautiful face
She's starting her first day of her Senior year
we can't believe that it's finally here!!!

She's going to shine and rise up higher
her spirit and wisdom are all set afire
We're all certain that she'll be a success
Our Paige who always gives it her best!!

Good luck tomorrow and know that we all will be thinking of you.

Love ~ Goody

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2007, 02:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paige1989 HB User

Thanks for your good wishes. And Goody, the poem was wonderful. ^_^ I am more stable right now than I have been in a while so I'm hoping that it'll last me through the schoolyear. And yes, compared to all of August, my attitude to the start of school has changed dramatically. So tomorrow we shall see...And I'll definitely post after school tomorrow. With my sleep schedule finally regulated, I think that problems will be minamul, at least for a while. <--Last comment is just for me to keep things in perspective. I don't want to get too comfortable to the point that I can't recognise impending episodes...

Ohhh, and good luck to Erin and Zac in high school this year as well. And Tsohl, you have a son in college, right? And your daughter moving into her new house. Good luck to both of them. ^_^

~~Paige
1mg. Klonopin
0.5-1mg. Ativan
I'm not crazy ~ I'm mentally interesting!

Last edited by Paige1989; 09-03-2007 at 02:45 PM.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:46 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

I know that the day before something big happens that I have a difficult time sleeping and would guess that you do as well. Try your best to get relaxed before going off to bed....take a warm bath with some lavendar scents (I hear that is good for sleep) and then play some soothing/relaxing music. Dim the lights and then read a little bit to see if you can get yourself settled down enough to get a good night's sleep.

I will be thinking about you tomorrow hoping that your schedule is all good and that your first day back to school is a really good one too.

Love & more ((((HUGS)))) ~ Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 09-03-2007 at 02:48 PM.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:03 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

jules3 HB User

Paige, senior year can be a fun non-stressful year. junior year is much worse..So, go in there with that attitude and you will be ok..Good luck..i hope you meet a nice senior boy that makes you smile..

Old 09-03-2007, 06:22 PM   #6
(female)

cyclomaniac HB User

best wishes! you have been most helpful over the past couple of weeks to me, and i can see you are to everyone else as well! i wish you nothing but the best!

Old 09-03-2007, 06:52 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

langlee HB User

Dear, dear Paige,

Just another cybermom sending good wishes for a wonderful and fulfilling senior year! I hope this year brings all good things to you!

With love,

Hope

Old 09-03-2007, 07:18 PM   #8
(female)

Lor60 HB User

Hi Paige,
I'll be thinking of you as you start your school year tomorrow. I hope it is a year filled with fun and happiness. Keep us posted and know that you have many fans here who are routing for you.
Lor

Old 09-04-2007, 02:08 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paige1989 HB User

Not the best first day back at all...At first it was alright; I was excited-ish and wanted my schedule ASAP because I needed it to be able to calm down...I know it's weird, but it helps. Anyway, I went to the cafeteria first off because the library's locked until eight (I usually get to school around 7:45 even though school doesn't start 'til 9 because I talk to friends and all). I get breakfast (odd for me, but the Seroquel was making me dizzy and I thought that would help - and it did) and then return to the table to eat it and then head off to the library. I had my backpack the whole time.

As soon as the bell rang to go to homeroom, I darted out of the library to get to the room hoping our schedules would be laid out for us to see. They weren't and when the forms were coming in (the basic "No weapons, no violence, etc. forms), I noticed that I no longer had my backpack with me. I got permission to go back to the library to look for it and it wasn't there so I checked the cafeteria just to make sure and it wasn't there either. So I went back to class hoping one of my friends had picked it up for me - but none of the friends I saw throughout the day had seen it. But anyway, my schedule...isn't ideal.

I have ALL of my difficult classes on "A" Days - Philosophy, AP Literature, Spanish I [the only easy class of the day], and AP Psychology). My "B" day classes are much easier - Teacher Cadet, Raider Rally (basically study hall), US Government, and Environmental Explorations. So I have about five hours of homework to do every night after an "A" Day and almost nothing for the "B" Days...I would've liked them spread out, but I have no control over that. I was starting to really stress out after lunch when my backpack had still not been located (I'd informed the Lost and Found Security Officer at this point) because that's where I saw all of my friends, so I went and got my Ativan after lunch.

All of my classes seem enjoyable enough, but I'm not sure how well I'll be able to cope with the courseload...I have two weeks to decide what I want to keep and what I want to drop before it goes on my record so I'm going to use it to my advantage and see if I need to drop a class. Either way, it looks like another stressful year is upon me...hopefully I'll just be able to handle it better, but there were times today where I was ready to break down...but I didn't, so I guess that's a plus.

We'll see what tomorrow brings with my other classes...and with any luck, my backpack will have surfaced by then. At this point, I'm just living on hope so I don't drown. At least this way, I can stay afloat.....I have about an hour's worth of homework tonight, and that's without textbooks [incentive to turn in the forms is you don't get a locker until you do, thus teachers can't hand out textbooks] so I don't know what it'll be like with them. :-/

~~Paige
1mg. Klonopin
0.5-1mg. Ativan

Old 09-04-2007, 02:24 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Thanks for coming here with a first day of school update,,,,us mom's love that!!

Oh, Paige, I am sorry to hear that the day started off on the wrong foot...all in all I think that you handled it wonderfully. I know that Erin is the same way....her middle name starts with a "L" and we often kid around and say it stands for "Lost" or "Last" because she seems to misplace things or is last to be ready. The other day she went to McDonalds after cashing her entire paycheck and when I picked her up at her BF's house she didn't have her wallet. It has been two days and it is still missing with over $150 in it and her drivers permit. We retraced her tracks and still can't find it. Needless to say that it really offset things for her but at this point she is figuring that somebody took it and she won't see it again.

I am sure that you backpack will turn up....I will cross my fingers that it is there when you arrive at school tomorrow.

Any chance of you meeting with your counselor to check into perhaps dispersing your classes a little bit better so that you can take some of the pressure off?? My advice would be to see how it goes over the two weeks and if you think it is too much perhaps drop down from one of the AP classes.

Anyway.....I think that you did wonderfully despite the missing backpack!! Let's see how tomorrow goes....it can only get better....right???

Love & (((((HUGS))))) ~ Goody

Old 09-04-2007, 02:44 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paige1989 HB User

Ugh, that's another thing I've lost - my wallet's been gone for about two weeks now with no idea where it was...it only had ten dollars in it, but it also had my debit card (which thankfully has very little money on it) and my permit...plus my Safeway Time Card, but I got a new one of those.

I thought about going to my counselor about the order of my classes, but they don't have much control over that. I mean, certain classes are only offered during certain blocks. I mean, there's only one change that I can see them being able to fix, which would be moving my AP Psych to where my Gov't is and move my Gov't to the AP Psych space...but not sure if they have a gov't class at that time, and if they do, it might be full...I guess I could ask. *Sigh* Everything that can go wrong has and that's become the story of my life at times. :S

And you're right, I really don't think it could get any worse than it's gotten. I just wish that I had some classes with friends...I mean, I have lunch, but none of my really good friends are in any of my other classes. But oh well. Best I can do is try to keep up for now and hang onto the last shred of hope I have right now...

I hope Erin's first day goes well tomorrow.

~~Paige
1mg. Klonopin
0.5-1mg. Ativan

Old 09-04-2007, 06:04 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

langlee HB User

Dear Paige,

I think it's worth trying to switch AP Psych and Gov't. or to talk with some of your teachers about homework assignments and see if you can get some a day early so you can spread your work out over A and B days.

It always amazes me how illogical schools can be. We're still dealing with schedule issues and craziness and school hasn't even started. (Tomorrow's the day and Zac is working feverishly!!!) Thank goodness that his guidance counselor is fabulous and really tries to work with him, but Special Services is difficult and there are always arguments and workarounds.

I think you should make an appointment with your guidance counselor and very calmly tell her that you would like to do whatever you can to have a great year - that you are willing to work hard and you want to give yourself the best chance to succeed. That you are concerned with the uneven distribution of your classes and would like her to discuss the best way to even out the workload, if not the actual courses, with your teachers so you don't have to keep asking for favors. That you are trying to be proactive and you know how stressful last year was and you'd like to know that you did everything possible to have your best year yet. My sense is that she will respond to that, Paige, and help you.

Let us know how tomorrow is. I hope you find your backpack.

Love,

Hope

Old 09-05-2007, 01:51 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paige1989 HB User

Eh, today went slightly better. Still no backpack, but the Security Officer said that tomorrow, she'll fill out an Incident Report or something...For now, I'm going to buy the basic supplies and use my bookbag from last year (only reason I got a new one was 'cause the zipper on the old one is tricky due to my rabbit nibbling on it. :S ) and hope for the best. My classes today were...well, the first two were cool. XD Teacher Cadet was cool - we got our syllabus(sp) and a homework assignment that mimics a third-grader's assignment for "self awareness" or something. Have to fill a bag of things that represent me. :P So that won't be too hard. Then I had "Raider Rally" but I'm doing that High School 101 thing so we just went over what that's going to be like and then had the rest of the time to talk/do homework/etc. So I talked and got some of my homework knocked out of the way. Then Government. I hate it. Absolutely hate it. I don't think it would matter WHO the teacher is - I just don't like it. Waaaaay too many people doing similar jobs at different levels. >.< I want to go back to History. That made more sense....Then Environmental Explorations which was kinda just a "Get to know each other" period so I still don't know much about that class.

We got our lockers today. So I was able to put my Gov't book in there since I don't need it tonight. I do, however, need to do Psych and Lit homework - I got my Philosophy done in "Raider Rally."

And I'm going to try to meet with my guidance counselor tomorrow. I did find out today, though, that switching the two courses isn't possible - the other Gov't course is full...Still, I can meet with my counselor and discuss other issues. And I need to reprint all of my Bipolar papers for my teachers...I find it easier than having to explain it all to them - they can just ask me questions if they need to.

And I hope Zac and Erin have had good days!

~~Paige
1mg. Klonopin
0.5-1mg. Ativan

Old 09-05-2007, 02:26 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Glad to hear that things went better for you today, Paige. Perhaps you can have the counselor put you on the waiting list for the Gov't class since there is a 2 week period that people may make changes allowing you a chance of getting in....you never know.

Erin came home with a BIG smile on her face today....first thing was that a girl (her ex BF's GF) had her wallet. Turns out that the girl started working at McDonalds after Erin stopped and when Erin went in to get lunch with her BF she left it on the counter and the girl picked it up knowing that she would see her in school. So she handed it to Erin at lunch which really made her day.

She loves all her teachers and has friends in most of her classes. And she has lunch with her BF and a bunch of mutual friends which she is really happy about. All in all it was a great start for her Junior year!!

Hope....we are waiting for your report!! Please let us know how Zac's day went!!

Keep your chin up, Paige....there are better days ahead!! Good luck with your meeting with your counselor tomorrow. Thanks for sharing your day with us.

Love ~ Goody

Old 09-05-2007, 02:27 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

tsohl HB User

Hi Paige ~

So far your experiences sound like pretty typical first days of anything -- feeling your way, learning your way around, maybe meeting some new people. You sound like you have things pretty well in hand. You know what to do to help your teachers learn about your bipolarity...meeting with your counselor, etc.

Sounds to me you're off to a pretty good start.

Cheers!

xxTsohl

Closed Thread