It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
(female)

musicgal HB User
Do you feel "wierder" than others?

Have you ever acted "wierd" to the outside, while to the inside, you feel as if you have acted "ok"?

Do you ever have the sensation that others notice something "wierd" when they look at you?

Do you not feel like other people, and/or, do people always seem to dislike you?

Old 09-07-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Paige1989 HB User
Re: Do you feel "wierder" than others?

Heh, I definitely know I'm different, in more ways than one. But, as much as I dislike the bipolar, it's part of what makes me unique. ^^ And even though there are those who look at me oddly or think I'm weird, my best friends are behind me 100%. I mean, I know my moodswings freak some people out (like my younger sister's friend...), but I get used to it...I figure I can't change it so why go to the trouble? But I do know where you're coming from. I've felt "different" since I was ten and my parents split - that's when the bipolar tendencies really started to stand out, even if I didn't get treatment until I was 15.

~~Paige
1mg. Klonopin
0.5-1mg. Ativan
I'm not crazy ~ I'm mentally interesting!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2007, 01:32 AM   #3
(female)

harmony06 HB User

yes, i know exactlly what you mean. some people think i react weird to things or say the weirdest things, even some who are the closest to you. sometimes very uncomfortable.

harmony

Old 09-08-2007, 10:03 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

martavee HB User

I remember the first time someone commented that I am 'weird'. It's occured numerous times since but at this point I don't care. It's what makes me me. Sometimes I feel uncomfortable or out of place, but then I just try to make myself think of how boring those other people are I also try to substitute the word 'eccentric' for 'weird' ... doesn't sound as negative, ya know?

Old 09-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #5
(female)

musicgal HB User
I am totally wierd

"Wierder than most". Yup, it appears that in my life's reflection, I am thorougly, totaly wierd. It's more than obvious when observing the way "normals" treat men.

Feel better.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

teresa2007 HB User

Yes, and its as tho im trapped inside my body and cant get out

Old 09-10-2007, 08:29 AM   #7
(female)

MariaNZ HB User
Talking Re: Do you feel "wierder" than others?

Totally! I have Manic-Bipolar the 'highs' more than the 'lows'. When i was younger in intermediate school humor took over me, it was how i got friends really as i could find something funny out of anything..little did i know or care that others-who disliked me (for some reason ) were calling me mental? (well not the real mental) i must have looked silly! I thought being different in my ways was just well..ME, my personality you know. Its not just me?..it has a name? Well that explains everything!" Now at 20yrs old i may have looked silly in my life but i dont care, why change yourself to try & fit-in or look-normal because thats just not WHO U ARE, who are they to judge you?!
I have come to Realise and Accept who I am inside not the opposite, i feel at ease with myself & around others I feel great with my Super-Happy self! I cannot imagine myself any other way really! At least wen im in my mid 30's my impression to others will be young & bubbly inside! thats got to be a bonus you think?
"Know me before you judge me"

Old 09-10-2007, 08:47 AM   #8
(female)

MariaNZ HB User
Talking Re: Do you feel "wierder" than others?

Oh for sure!

Last edited by MariaNZ; 09-10-2007 at 08:50 AM.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:03 PM   #9
(female)

musicgal HB User

I hope that as you grow older, your positive outlook and the good grace of understanding friends will continue to boister your ego.

However, please get a doctor that you have confidence in, and take the medicines they prescribe.

I'm much older than you, but I can clearly remember how I felt about "my true self" and the reactions of others. Those happy faces, not sure "what I am", "giddy - wierd - 'wow - what is 'wrong' with liza?" too 'hyper',perhaps "bizarre" "different?' Grasp ahold of your self as much as you can, before the disease progresses much more.

Good luck.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:18 PM   #10
(female)

musicgal HB User

I hope that as you grow older, your positive outlook and the good grace of understanding friends will continue to boister your ego.

However, please get a doctor that you have confidence in, and take the medicines they prescribe.

I'm much older than you, but I can clearly remember how I felt about "my true self" and the reactions of others. Those happy faces, not sure "what I am", "giddy - wierd - 'wow - what is 'wrong' with liza?" too 'hyper',perhaps "bizarre" "different?' Grasp ahold of your self as much as you can, before disease progresses more.

Good luck.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:33 PM   #11
(female)

Emerson80 HB User

I always feel like I am odd not matter what. However, I act okay most of the time but I always worry if people THINK I am odd.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #12
(female)

berrence HB User

Yes. I didn't used to think this, but, considering I've lost 3 jobs in the last month, I definitely do now. I think that I hide things pretty well most of the time, but apparently not. I just wish I knew what it is they see so that I could try to fix it. I'm pretty happy with myself as a person, but this not being able to hold down a job thing is causing ALOT of stress (emotionally, mentally, financially, etc.), which certainly doesn't help anything. I'm even thinking of applying for disability. I don't want to be labled, and I want to support myself on my own, but this is getting ridiculous and causing a ton of self-doubt....any advice would be very helpful.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:29 PM   #13
(female)

craziunique HB User

If that is the case. I have been weird since day 1!!

I always make a lasting impression on everyone, a good one - not always bad. I leave a on some. or what the f____K??? It's all good. I want people to remember good, bad or ugly. I dont care. I laugh, joke around, sometimes I don't make sense. But who cares!! I make life interesting!! I want to be one of those little old granny's that has friends of all ages! and life of the party!!

What I can't stand, you make friends with some, once they get to know "that side " of you. Then they try to find a way to get away from you. It's like a curse or are a strange, weird. But before there was nothing wrong with you before? and NOW there is?? I believe everyone has something "wrong" with them, even being a b_____H is a curse!!! LOL!!!! but we still deal with "those" people dont we??

Closed Thread