It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User
Anybody know if Depakote or mood stabilzers come in a liquid?

Hi all! I think I'm going to need a mood stabilizer very soon and have allergies to additives in meds. Does anyone know if Depakote or other mood stabilizers come in a liquid? If anyone knows drop a ine. Thanks so much--Hopeto--

Old 10-05-2007, 05:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Re: Anybody know if Depakote or mood stabilzers come in a liquid?

Ask your pharmacist. I have had medications compounded for me in the past, and it might well be possible for a pharmacist to put something up for you. I know Prozac comes in liquid form. Depakote might, since it's used for kids, too.

Check it out. I hope they can do that for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2007, 05:34 PM   #3
(female)

benanner31 HB User

yea it does come in a liquid form was just looking at that but you would still have to get prescription from the doc to get it changed..

benanner

benanner

Old 10-05-2007, 08:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User

Hi Seaturtle and Benaner! Thank you both so much. I will tell my doctor next week when I see him. I am such a mess lately. I stopped smoking 5 months ago and started again yesterday. My mind just doesn't stop and I feel so agitated lately. I swear that every time I go on an antidepressant(recently Effexor) I'm wired for sound. One small dose of Risperdal at bedtime does not help during the day. I'm eating like a fool, too. I just can't stop these things on my own lately. Have either of you ever gotten like this? I can't stand myself. I just can't calm down enough to concentrate for very long. I posted on the OCD board and I'm sure this is part of it, too, but the darned mood swings are a pain. I just want to isolate so I don't bark at everyone. I pray to God to make some headway on this. Thanks again so much and God bless--Hopeto--

Closed Thread