It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2007, 04:27 AM   #1
(female)

Tinkerbell79 HB User
Cool Interview today

I have an interview today for a clerical position. I'm very nervous cause I'm not good at interviews. I've never had a desk job either and the only thing that scares me is when I'm in my manic stage I get very restless which is why I've done well with waitressing...pple to talk to, constantly on the go,rushing around...crossing my fingers...also have to get my meds today since I slept all day yesterday and didn't get to get them...I have to go to Urgent Care cause I don't wanna sit in the ER 4ever and I can't get in with my new pdoc till November. Uggh...I'll keep yall posted. Hope everyone has a great day Oh and I'm feeling a lttle better too maybe it's the possibility of getting a job lol..whatever it is I don't care cause I'm feeling better upon waking up for the first time in almost 3 weeks. Still feeling panicky though but I'll see how it goes today. Again I'm rambling lol...have a good day everyone

Old 10-16-2007, 05:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dee-nah HB User
Re: Interview today

Good luck and definitely keep us posted! My fingers will be crossed for you today!!!!! Glad to hear your feeling better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2007, 06:18 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

Good Luck, Tinkerbell!!! Glad to hear that things are going okay for you today. Interviews make each of us nervous so don't you fret....I, too, am crossing my fingers and toes hoping that all goes well for you today.

Let us know how everything went. And good for you stopping in Urgent Care....you mustn't run out of meds and must make sure that you take them as prescribed. The three week mark seems to be the time when things start kicking in so hopefully that is what is happening with you.

I am proud of how brave you have been during this bump in the road. Hopefully now all your efforts will pay off.

(((((HUGS))))) to help you through ~ Goody

Old 10-16-2007, 08:27 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

tony72 HB User

Tink, (((( Hug )))))

I'm pulling for you.. Regardless of the outcome you are moving in the right direction... YEAHHHHHH

Let us know how is goes and don't beat yourself up about questions you could have or should have answered differently. We all do that... Smiling at you.

T

Old 10-16-2007, 09:12 AM   #5
(female)

Tinkerbell79 HB User

Thanks so much for all your care and support. I went for the interview and the lady was out sick but the manager interviewed but now has to wait until she comes back in. Ohhh the tension and not knowing!!! Just hope she gets better soon for her sake and mine. I know that sounded mean but I didn't mean for it to sound mean. I went by the Urgent Care and asked if they could help and of course they can't. They told me to go to the ER and so I went so I could look like a fool for leaving the other night. Well they were packed again!!! I don't have all day to sit there when my kids get home in 3 hours. So I guess I'll be making a trip up there again tonight. I'm glad to be feeling better even if it is only a little. I'm praying it continues uphill. Thanks again for listening and caring so much.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:24 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

tony72 HB User

Just and idea.....

Since the Dr's may not know how to assist you at the ER - or at least not like a PDr. I would do some prep work. Hard when the kids are coming home I know, but it may be something you can think through in the Waiting room.

Outline the major mood swings over the past 2 weeks.
How depressed did you get (regardless of the cause).
How about Anxiety attacks... how often are they happening.
List sleeping patterns.
Write down what you think is wrong with you and what you believe you need to help get through this time.
Jot down your previous Pys. treatment and explain how you think you've changed since that time.

I know that when I go to the Dr - especially if it is someone I don't usually see... it is CRITICAL that I stick to the facts. That is what they really need to hear. Sometimes when I go to the Dr. I can talk myself into circles and it leaves the Dr. just NOT KNOWING what he should do.

I'll be praying for you tonight. Go early and take a book , note pad, bottle of water, light sweater and some socks. I always have to have my sweater and socks when I'm revealing my problems. heheheh try it. It is easier to bear your soul when you have socks on the soles of your feet.

Sound like a great lead on the job..I'll be pulling for you.

T

Old 10-16-2007, 11:50 AM   #7
(female)

Tinkerbell79 HB User

Thanks so much Tony. Your reply really touched me. I can't thank you all for all your compassion you have showed me in just the last couple days. I was fine all day until the later it gets I still haven't heard from my Dr in VA and I know it's going to be a trip to the ER for sure. My mom said a nurse at the hospital she works at said there's a clinic somewhere around here to try them which I'm sure they won't be open late tonight and I'll have to wait another day. I'm shaking and crying so bad and my kids will be home in ten minutes. The panic attacks happen so often I dont' even know how many times during the day/night i have them. I will definately try to write everything down. Depending on how my kids are when they get home and if they'll give me a few minutes to do it. I am definately bringing a book and my Su***u and of course my hoodie!!! I'm the same way about my hoodie when I'm scared or lost or upset. But I don't like socks so I'm ok without those. Thanks again so much and I will definately keep ya posted.

It just frustrates me cause just when I think I'm getting better I collapse. I hate this!!!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 11:56 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

tony72 HB User

Tink, It is reliable and I think you should take this survey filled out to the ER. They may or may not look at it, but you will be able to better understand what your feeling and when.

[url]http://www.manicdepressive.org/images/selfreport.pdf[/url]

I would say that you need a mood stablilizer... in my humble opinion - I may be wrong, but it really looks that way from the ups and downs. That is exactly how I get.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-16-2007 at 01:41 PM.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:05 PM   #9
(female)

Tinkerbell79 HB User

Thanks Tony. My kids are running behind thankfully as mean as that sounds. I'm going to look up the link right now and actually I got my list written out to take with me. Amazing how fast my mind is still running evne though I'm depressed. Isn't Seroquel a mood stablizer? I'm on Lamictal 100 mg but ran out and I haven't been on my Klonopin in some time. I'm prescribed Seroquel 100 mgs but when I was working the crazy hours I was working b4 I lost my job I couldnt take it cause I couldn't wake up in time to get my kids to school.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

tony72 HB User

I think that it is and Lamictal may be a better choice. How long have you been off the Lamictal? What do you have at home and what do you have a prescription for?

Will your parents help pay for the medication?

If so... I would ask for a perscription of Lamictal - restarting at the 25 mg. dose. I doubt that they would have samples.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:20 PM   #11
(female)

Tinkerbell79 HB User

I'm on Seroquel 100mg and have plenty of that it's just I couldn't take it with my job but Ive been taking it for the past week with the exception of a few nights. The Lamictal I've been on since May(100mg) and I was doing very well with it. Just now I've slipped into this depression. The Klonopin I havent had to use in the past couple months. I don't have a script for Lamictal or Klonopin. I've only been off the Lamictal for 2 days but for me that's 2 days too long.
Luckily I have Medicaid so I don't have to pay but a couple dollars for my scripts. Its just the fact of getting them!!!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

tony72 HB User

Klonopin is fairly inexpensive and the ER shouldn't have a prob getting a perscription for that. If not Xanax is a good choice for Anxiety. Klonopin just lasts longer in your system.

Knowing that you used to be on Lamictal will help make them feel better about getting you on a stabilizer. I'm looking at my perscription for Lamictal and it was 283.57 for 30 day's supply at 200mg. 60 pills. SO 400mg a day

Since you are going to have to restart (I think at the 25mg. ) it shouldn't be that expensive. Walmart has the best deals.

You may need to ask about an anti depressant to go with your stablilizer. Have you ever taken Prozac? I know it may not be the best out there, but it is cheap and has a generic form.

Just my ideas.. not medical advice.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

tony72 HB User

If you can not afford it, ask the ER dr to just write a 14 days supply or something until you can see a pDr. Then maybe you can go to the a PDr. for a months supply sample pack. Until you get on your feet. Even if yo can't get into see a Pdr. they Pdr. may give you a sample and listen to you for a sec - knowing your in a hard place.

Risperdal is also a mood stablilizer and my reg dr. gave me samples of that. I would try and stick with what worked for you in the past.

Sorry for so many posts... I'll be checking back later for an update. (((HUG)))))

Old 10-16-2007, 12:29 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

tony72 HB User

I just saw your post... good. O.K. Go into the ER as Calm as you can and just wait it out. It is worth the wait. You should be restarted at the normal dose 100 mg. Tell them the Serqual just isn't working. I would get a Anti-Depressant. Effexor works great for me - expensive but great.

If you've been on medication and moved and don't have a primary dr to see they will give you what your asking for. Take the old bottles if you still have them.

YOUR GOING TO BE GREAT!!!! YOU are strong and I am pulling for you!
T

Old 10-16-2007, 12:31 PM   #15
(female)

Tinkerbell79 HB User

I notice none of my reply's have paragraphs please forgive me for that. Ugh that sucks I'm going to have to start all over again. I don't care really how much the scripts cost cause I have that covered. it's just be able to have the script in my hand to get them filled. My mom is calling some places too to try to get me seen. I told her I seriously can't take anymore including making phone calls. And I dont' care what they give me to calm me down I know I just need somethng!!! Horrible my kids are home and I don't feel like messing with them or doing homework with them. it's been like this for over 2 weeks but is way worse today. At least other days I drag myself to do things. Today I can't. Oh man I just want this to go away. Thank you so much again for hanging in there with me and working me thru this. I havent' had this happen to me since I was hospitalized in May and I can't afford to do that now. Back then though I had NO ONE to talk to and at least now I have you and the others.

Closed Thread