It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2007, 05:02 AM   #1
(male)

ksmale HB User
Ive screwed up big time

I think ive screwed up big time, not for the 1st time but I also know it wont be the last time too
I was Diagnosed earlier this year with BP and was on prozac for about 3 months before being seen by the Pdoc etc, and then put on Sodium Valp too. Now I am taking just the SV in 1000mg per day after having the anti dep stopped last month, as well as the visits by the CPN to my home.

All was going well so I thought untill I found out that my other half was seeing someone else, and that made me phsyically sick as well as a deep downer, which im finding it difficult to climb out of at the moment.
At the time I found out she lied to my face (she even had his house keys) I lashed out in a rage something I aint proud off and have never done before, and I hope I will never do again? she also swore that she aint slept with him but then told me a week later that she had.
I blame myself a lot for what has happened as she says i never told her I loved her or anything like that, or showed any effection she was in one room I in the other, I used to spend hours on here just clicking irrelevent S*** that I had no interest in and didnt go to bed on a nite time cause i wasnt tired for weeks on end, as well as getting into bed and up again about an hour or 2 later ready for the day ahead, thousands of things to do, and started loads but never finished anything.
I just feel like S*** at the moment .
She wants to make things upto me I just dont know what to believe as she has told me lie after lie now for 3 weeks. I am screwed up most of the time without this but even worse at the moment, I still aint sleeping, my appetite is non existant, I just feel like im spiralling out of control on a downward slope with no end in site?
I have had thoughts of doing silly things but at the moment they are just thoughts nothing more? not like last time thankfully

Last edited by ksmale; 10-25-2007 at 03:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2007, 05:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Re: Ive screwed up big time

Hi,

This one is really upsetting. I've had it happen to me, too...

How about asking your wife to go into counseling with you? Establishing trust after infidelity is a difficult and sometimes long process, and it sounds as though your marriage could use a little help.

Please don't blame yourself for the infidelity on her part. There are other ways to handle dissatisfaction in a relationship; if she was experiencing distance or a need that wasn't met, she also had the option of asking you to go to counseling with her, or just confronting you outright. And it does take two to tango, always. I think in many marriages many, many people run into this problem for one reason or another, and it certainly is not always someone's psychiatric disorder.

Can you talk to someone you trust? I imagine you're hurting a lot, and I understand that you don't want to trust her right now because she has lied to you. Please do take care of yourself, and don't blame or judge yourself.

I'm sorry this has happened to you,

Seaturtle

Old 10-25-2007, 07:21 PM   #3
(female)

medless HB User
Re: Ive screwed up big time

Hi,
I think it might be an idea to go back to your doc and have a chat with him\her about going back on an anti depressant. This could help with the downward spiral and hopefully get you back to an even keel. It's very hard to cope with something like this On it's own, never mind with bp thrown in.

Once you are back to thinking clearly, then maybe you can think about what you need\want from your relationship and work from there. Relationships are hard and it will take a bit of time to get things sorted, maybe you could say this to your partner and ask for time and space for both of ye to figure everything out.

one step at the time\ one day at the time.

Closed Thread