It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 08:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User
Back at square one...

Oh yay. So it's been over a year and I've been on many meds (most of them for no more than 2 months). Mostly I've been manic. Now feeling blah and crappy. I want to give up. And I know this is a bad sign for me.

It really is back at square one because I am only taking lamictal now and that is the first med that I started on over a year ago. I don't know if lamictal is even a good med for me because I've never been able to just "take it alone" and be mostly symptom-free. But I guess I don't know how I'd be without it either.

All I know is that this is how I was feeling over a year ago and I don't want to return to that point anymore than I already have. Why can't I just feel normal?

I have a pdoc appt on wed. It's hard to wait even that long. I just need this to end now.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:48 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

luckygem13 HB User
Re: Back at square one...

Llama,

Emsam is the only antidepressant that didn't cause severe insomnia (mania?) for me. Like a calm happiness, HTH. Good luck on Wednesday!

Lucky G

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2007, 08:23 AM   #3
(female)

FallenAngel2007 HB User

llama i'm so sorry you're going through this. i am on lexapro and just started lamictal and the lamictal has made a huge difference for me and i'm only at 25mg right now. I guess what I"m saying is the problem with this illness is that meds work different for everyone so it truly is a trial and error process. Please don't give up, we can find ourselves again, we just have to be patient. Are you keeping a mood journal llama? If not you really shoudl consider it as this can help both you and your doc see how the addition or subtraction of a med affects you and make the process a little easier. good luck and we're here if you need to vent hun!

Angel

Old 11-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Pri Lily HB User

Llama....

You're not back at square one. Unfortunately, this is a lifelong thing. You are going to have blah periods, no matter what drug you're taking.

The idea is to try to climb out of the blah period faster, than you did last time.

I just had a blah period myself. It only lasted two days. Way better than the two years, more or less, that I spent in bed......

I want my stuff to go away too.....it really does drive me nuts

You've been down this road before...get yourself back in the game.

Tell your Doc everything on Wed.......

Lil

Old 11-20-2007, 07:19 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Llama,

Hi, I am wondering how it went with the doctor today. And just wanted to add that for me, too, this whole mental illness thing is a lifelong struggle, with changing and adjusting meds, feeling okay and then falling apart again, all part of it.

Sometimes, it helps me if I make myself remember how lousy I have felt in the past, and that at other times, I've felt better. That helps give me a perspective on the waxing and waning of the illness, and stops me from feeling too desperate. You will come up again.

I'm so sorry you're suffering. Let us know about your doc visit -

(((Hug)))

Seaturtle

Closed Thread