It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2008, 06:24 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Luvox vs. Cymbalta

Hello, everyone,

I've been on some Luvox, Wellbutrin and Lamictal for a while now. I am having major depressive episodes, getting worse. The Luvox doesn't seem to be doing anything.

People I've spoken with say they've had good results w/Cymbalta. Anyone here have experience and good/bad results?

Thanks again, blessings to all,

Seaturtle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2008, 11:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User
Re: Luvox vs. Cymbalta

Sea, sorry to hear about your depression. That really stinks.

I've never been on cymbalta but I too have heard good things about it. I think it works like effexor right ( an ssnri ). I really liked effexor, except I can't be on it anymore because it makes me a little too happy I guess. haha

Oh anyways, I was going to tell you that I have a friend on cymbalta and he is doing a lot better. He had been on zoloft I think before but is now on cymbalta. I really haven't heard too much side effect-wise about this med either which is a good sign! Seems to be a decent med!

Hope ya feel better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2008, 07:26 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Seaturtle,
I'm seeing my psychologist today and my pdoc tomorrow and I'm goign to talk to him about Cymbalta as well. I'm on Zoloft now, but my depression has been very bad lately and just keeps getting worse, to the point where just getting out of bed in the morning is a major deal. But it seems like a lot of people on here have good results with the Cymbalta. I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time, I hope their's a light at the end of your tunnel soon. Hang in there.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Hey, thanks, guys. I see pdoc on Friday and will ask her.

Will let you know what happens.

I hope you're hanging in there, too, and feeling fantastic (well, not quite fantastic, maybe "calm and fine" haha will do.

Seaturtle

Old 03-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User

Oh seaturtle you made me laugh so hard. Perhaps "calm and fine" is what we have to shoot for. haha

Old 03-27-2008, 04:19 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Seaturtle,

I saw my Pdoc today but he and I were not in an "agreeable" mood so I didn't even bring up the Cymbalta. He did increase the Seroquel to 300 mg. So I'm anxious to hear what your Pdoc says about the Cymbalta tomorrow. I go back to mine on Tuesday and am going to shoot for the Cymbalta conversation then.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:39 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Hiya, Kmit,

Will let you know for sure tomorrow night. Is your doc tempermental?

Talk to you tomorrow, hang int here,

Seaturtle

Old 03-28-2008, 04:04 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Seaturtle,

It's not so much that he's tempermental, he's very much into the patient taking an active role in their recovery....and i've just been so desperately depressed lately that I just wanted him to "fix it" yesterday...so we didn't get along very well. But i am feeling somewhat better today, so hopefully that will continue...

Hope your appt. went well.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:35 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

kmit, hi,

There are times for me when I just can't handle it any more and need to turn it over to one of my helping people. Sounds as if you were there. Do you have someone who can "hold" things for you when it gets rough?

My appt. went okay. After reading a lot last night on a Cymbalta discussion site, I decided to try not to go on it because the withdrawal seems to be so difficult. Pdoc agreed with this, so am going to try to lower Luvox verryyy gradually this time.

I do hope you feel better today.

Seaturtle

Old 03-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

seaturtle,

My psychologist is actually very different from my pdoc and she can usually pick up on how I'm doing very quickly, and then she knows how much "hand holding" she needs to do. I'm sorry the cymbalta thing didn't pan out for you. Hope you have a good rest of the weekend.

Closed Thread