It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2008, 06:57 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

JJK11 HB User
Anyone take Provigil?

I started taking Provigil about a month ago to combat the "stupid" feeling I have pretty much always felt when taking my medications. The other meds I take are Atenolol, Abilify and Lamictal.

Basically the meds make me "feel" dumb so my doctor said Provigil would help stimulate my brain. I don't know, I guess the med has helped a bit, but I haven't noticed a huge difference. I'm taking 100mg in the morning. Anyone else take this med for bipolar?

Old 04-08-2008, 09:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User
Re: Anyone take Provigil?

I also take provigil, lamictal, and abilify. I am on it mostly due to the fatigue from the other meds and from a low mood that I went through. I think it does help but it is not like 100 percent. I don't really know if it has helped me concentrate or not. I have noticed an improvement in that area but do not know if it is from the provigil or not.

What else do you think about this med? Does it help you with fatigue too? I could sleep 12, 16, 18 hours easily before this med. Now I am down to 8-10 hours.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2008, 07:52 AM   #3
(female)

psychodancer HB User
Unhappy Re: Anyone take Provigil?

I take provigil PRN but it makes me anxious and more tired and depressed. I feel better without it.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User
Re: Anyone take Provigil?

Really do you take it PRN? Do you think it's bad that I take it every day?! I don't want to become addicted to this med but it helps me so much. I'm sorry to hear that it makes you more tired. It really helps me feel more awake and like I can actually function in the A.M. and afternoon. If I don't take it I feel like I'm slipping back into the old me again and just wanting to sleep all day and often do if I don't take it. Like on monday I just couldn't wake up and ended up not taking it and just sleeping. Well I slept until 6pm (had gone to sleep at midnight the night before) and I missed a quiz for a class.

For now I really feel like I need to take it every day. Did your pdoc say anything about it being addictive or bad to take every day?

Closed Thread