It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2008, 01:38 AM   #1
(female)

vanessa2318 HB User
Don't know what else to do...please help.

I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder with Psychosis as my Axis I and Borderline Personality Disorder and Post Traumatic stress Disorder as my Axis II. I was hospitalized three times the first year and tried every anti psychotic and anti depressant they said they had. The stabilizers turn me into a drooling zombie. I had absolutely no emotion on any of them, Lithium wasn't too bad but it caused my Pituitary Gland to create too much Prolactin. As far as Anti Depressants went I did not respond to any of them whats so ever. Finally my Doctor told me that he couldn't do any more for me, though I knew that there were several anti depressants I hadn't tried. I decided that I would rather feel too much than nothing at all and quit taking my Lithium. I did great for the last three years, no highs or lows whats so ever. I even lost half the weight I put on with the Rispadol.

Now I have hit a massive low to wear I am sleeping three and four days straight through, not eating, going to the potty or showering...nothing. I went to a traveling nurse at my therapy place because I hate the doctor there and she tried me on Serequel and now Zoloft and she said once again...if the Zoloft doesn't work there is nothing they can do for me. Those are the worst words to hear out of anyones mouth. I know it's not their fault but I just want to choke them when they say that....this CAN;t Be it.I'm 32 years old and live at home with my parents and I have never held a job longer than three years, I have NOTHING to show for 32 years so this can't be it! Does anyone have any suggestions?

My therapist tried to get my MD to try Provigil for me but when I told him she sent me he called me a liar and accused me of wanting Narcotics and said he was calling her, which I was glad cuz I thought good she can talk to him about it, but he didn't call her he was trying to call my bluff and when I didn't freak on him he realized I wasn't lying. Sorry I know I am rambling but I just don;'t know what else to do. This cannot be the rest of my life ya know. I know one of ya have to have a miracle cure hiding in your closet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User
Re: Don't know what else to do...please help.

Hi I know how you feel and am so sorry you have this dispare ....... I would try a different p-doc........

I have Bipolar 1 and I have had hallucinations so I had to be hospitalized. So now I take Zyprexa..5mg. I am doing well on it....

ps Zyprexa,, makes some gain weight... you just have to watch what you eat. I eat healthy and havent gained weight

hugs, Caren

Old 06-04-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

have you ever seen a Psychiatrist instead of just a regular MD?

Old 06-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User

Oh boy Vannessa!!! I feel very badly for you!

Don't listen to them whatever you do! There is not "nothing they can do for you" if zoloft and seroquel don't work out. Come on, that is a load of crap! Do you know how many meds there are out there? Here I will name all of them that I can think of right now for you!

Mood stabilizers: lamictal, lithium, tegretol, trileptol, depakote, topamax

Antipsychotics: abilify, geodon, seroquel, risperidol, haldol, invega, zyprexa, symbyax

Antidepressants: Lexapro, celexa, cymbalta, effexor, effexor xr, wellbutrin, wellbutrin sr, wellbutrin xl, zoloft, prozac, trazodone, elavil (not to mention the many tyricilics or MAOI's that I haven't even mentioned!!!)

AND I'm sure I've left many meds out of that list! But also, just imagine the hundreds of combos of those meds that you could try. For example, maybe seroquel won't work for you, but maybe seroquel and lamictal will work wonders! So just march up to your doctor and demand better care! Or better yet, can you see a different, more compassionate doctor? There are many options for you here hun, so don't dismay!

BTW, sorry for rambling...it just made me so mad to read what your doc said to you!!!!

Old 06-04-2008, 05:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Llama HB User

Forgot to mention paxil, paxil cr, and YES PROVIGIL! I am on provigil and it has worked wonders for me. It is being used off label for depression and bp depression. I was like you too, sleeping days away and this has actually made a difference in my life. So I would definitely recommend this med!

Old 06-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Hi,

I second Llama's opinion. Can you find another doctor who'll treat you with a bit more respect? As far as Provigil goes, a woman just joined my support group who'd been in bed for years, was put on Provigil a month ago, and is now going out, driving, swimming every day, anad can finally function.

Don't get discouraged. As Llama said, there are lots of meds out there and you can be helped. Keep us posted.

Closed Thread