It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2008, 06:02 AM   #16
Inactive
(female)

kelly1986 HB User
Re: which illness?? which problem?? which board?? help!!!

hiya seaturtle (what does that mean just curious) i mean i know what a seaturtle is you just like them???

so anyway...i'm on my way out now to pick up synthroid actually is what they were calling into the phamacy last night..thats good huh??..wanted to check first real quick to see if you got my message...

yes to the pysch. july 9. then we'll take it from there!!! thanks for the caring!!!

love kel

Old 06-28-2008, 05:15 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Hooray!!!! It takes a few weeks for the Synthroid to kick in, but I'm sure you will feel soooo much better! I'm so happy for you!

Seaturtle - well, I love turtles, and Seaturtle just kind of came my way as a username. I love seaturtles and all kinds of turtles, but the seaturtles are so graceful.

Hoping you keep posting and let us know how the Synthroid affects you.
I can't wait to hear - I went through so much with hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism.

Keep on working on this!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2008, 02:04 AM   #18
Inactive
(female)

kelly1986 HB User

dear seaturtle,

i'm so excited to see what i am going to feel like...i wonder how long i have had thyroid problems and never knew it...you know the scary thing is ,

that i wouldn't have known it right now if my best friend hadn't BEGGED ME to ask him to do labs last week...and i really didn't even think they would show
anything...

plus...i think he (dr) thought i was kind of crazy for asking...my periods have also been off ( not normal for me) and i wanted him to check hormone levels..i'm only 40 but you could start menopause early...dangit i just needed help

so ....here we are...took my first synthroid yesterday..i know your not dr. but did it help you depression and anxiety at all??? or what did it actually help??

love talking to you..you have been a ton of support!!! much love ......kel

Old 06-29-2008, 04:44 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Hi again,

Oh yes, the thyroid regulation had a huge effect on my depression and anxiety. Many people are diagnosed as being mentally ill when it's just that their thyroid is off. I'm excited for you, too, wondering just how you'll feel once you reach a therapeutic level.

How much did you start on? Usually they start low and then increase until they get a normal reading, so have a bit more patience.

Hormone testing sounds like a very good idea. But I believe that if the thyroid is off, everything else is, too, so maybe wait until your thyroid is corrected before you start testing for hormones.

Of course, if doctor tells you different, then I'm
wrong, and again, I am just speaking from my own experience.

I think you're on your way to feeling a whole lot better! Keep me posted as to how you feel - you should notice a difference in maybe a few days, maybe a few weeks, depending on how fast they increase your dosage.

It's good to talk with you, too. Good for me to know I wasn't the only one who went through hell because of thyroid.

Hear from you later, I hope,

Seaturtle

Old 06-30-2008, 12:27 AM   #20
Inactive
(female)

kelly1986 HB User
Smile Re: which illness?? which problem?? which board?? help!!!

hiya seaturtle,
i wonder why at almost exactly the same time every night i am awake?? its 3:19 am...the other night it was 3:18...one would think i set my alarm clock just to get up and talk to you all...(not that i don't like and appreciate you) but i'm not getting at 3:00 am unless is unexplained..

so here i am...lets see your question....my synthroid id 50 mcg daily. had it two days....3 in a few hrs.

i'm still mood swinging pretty badly and can't wait to meet with the psych. july 9....maybe i have 2 problems...(no not me?????) haha

my husband and black lab are in there snoring....one big dog...ok 2 (that was mean) in the middle of the bed....hope i fit...which brings up another point...wonder if i'll lose any weight?? i weight 175 now and am 5'5" sure would love to drop 10-15 pounds...i've lost 12 since this whole thing...

thats at the bottom of my list though believe me....

talk to you soon...much love kel

Old 07-02-2008, 02:27 AM   #21
Inactive
(female)

kelly1986 HB User

hello, hello, my seaturtle friend,

5:19 am...thats the longest i've slept in forever!!
sorry i just reread you ask how much synthroid i'm on...50mcg...does that sound about where you were?

so i have been on synthroid 6 days...don't know if i notice much change yet...my husband made me mad last night (go figure) he said i was slurring my words and acted drunk....well...for one thing...you don't tell a recovering alcoholic that...it hurt my feelings....would synthroid cause that for any reason...maybe my body adjusting or something...side effect?? cause if he says it again today...i'm going to side effect him in the side of the head!!!! then we'll see whose slurring words...

i did go to big lots all by myself yesterday....that was a big accomplishment for me...i have that job interview at 4 today and i am really nervous about that...so say a prayer and wish me luck....i have the job...its just the health nurse and meeting new people and all that jazz that i'm not good at!!!

are you doing ok???....life good?? chat back soon...love kel

Old 07-02-2008, 03:40 PM   #22
(male)

thebiglebowski HB User

Hi there, if u have mood swings, you should check out lithium. I just started taking after being on (all at once) Lexapro 20mg, effexor 225mg, lamictal 100mg, xanax 1mg, and sometimes nadalol in replace of the xanax, and sometimes ambien to sleep at night! So..I was fed up, went back to my doc, did a really good job of explaining my mood not being stable, and he put me on Lithium at 1200mg a day, twice a day. It works very well, my mood has stabalized dramatically. I know u don't drink, but I used to hate drinking bcause it made me depressed and screwed with my mood, but now I can with the lithium. I'm 24 and sadly it's part of my social life. But from day to day activity it's good. And I still take the lexapro and effoxer but only at the minimum doses. No xanax or ambien. You are right about how everything is sort of tied into together and that does make it hard. Usually pinpointing the one main issue your having helps indentify what you need becuase then everything usually becomes easier to diagnose what's that's fixed. good luck!!

Old 07-02-2008, 07:19 PM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Greetings,

No, I don't know of any reaction like slurring from thyroid at all. Just my experience, but I'd think the opposite, as thyroid hormone kind of brings you up to speed.

I am on .112 daily. It did take a while to titrate up to that.

Check with you doc ASAP on the slurring. It's important, if this is new.

Your hubby is not helping one bit. I'm sorry about that. Ignore what he says, if you can. He has a problem here, not you. Get other supports, if possible.

Congrats on the job! Let us know how it goes. A medal for courage for you!

I'd write more, but I have a very sick kittie on my hands right now, and have to syringe-feed him every 10 minutes. I'm going out of my mind with worry.
Had him to vet and they found nothing at all...

I will send up good energy for you with the thyroid and the job. Ask doc when he'll increase the thyroid - has he re-tested you yet?

Gotta go and feed my little guy now,
Seaturtle

Old 07-03-2008, 02:00 AM   #24
Inactive
(female)

kelly1986 HB User

ahhhh bless his little heart...i am a HUGE animal lover...2 black labs, and 3 orange cats that found us...one had a broken knee, a broken hip..(2 different break times...his hip had started to fuse itself the knee was a new fracture)...little black frost bit ears...pneumonia..coughing our green snot (i know tmi but i never saw a kitten do that) and weighed less than 2 lbs.

now he's my guy...orny as crazy , sleeps on my pillow and goes to the bathroom with me ALWAYS!!! to shower and anything else...he thinks is like our together time i guess...ok

so why is your baby sick?? did you just find him?? is he a baby or old or just sick??

oh and thank you so much for thinking of me...i got the job...i start orientation july 14...so i actually have another week off!!!! yippee...i'll be working 3-11 3 days 1 wk and 2 days the next...starting of slow...they seem great...willing to work with me..i'm excited....

i'll say prayers for you kitty....write when you can...love kel

Closed Thread

Tags
abilify, ambien, effexor, lithium, xanax