It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2008, 11:15 PM   #1
(female)

lizen HB User
Cant Sleep-Just need to vent!

Just need to vent. I can't sleep for the past week. I lay in bed for hours trying to. I called doc, she never called back. It started after the new meds so I'm assuming its related. I'm gonna call again tomorrow. Already missed 4 days of work. Gonna go in tomorrow, but if still can't sleep, I'm calling off again.

I'll end up getting an occurance for it, but at this point I don't care. If I can't sleep, I'm not productive, not to mention I'm cranky and not sleeping makes me even more depressed. I did have 1 high day (for a few hours at least). It was the first one ever and it felt great. Then it died down. Wish I can have that feeling again. Just needed to vent. Thanks for listening

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2008, 12:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Re: Cant Sleep-Just need to vent!

Hi,

Sorry you can't sleep, that's a real bummer. I went for 5 days last week without sleep - I was a complete basket case.

I hope your doc calls you soon. What meds did you start?

At least try to lie down and make yourself rest with your eyes closed. Your body will listen to that, even if you can't sleep.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2008, 11:48 AM   #3
(female)

Luanne72 HB User

Hi lizen--

I had two days like that last week. I had to take Monday and Tuesday off, and called in "sick," when really I was exhausted and depressed.

I hope you get some sleep, or at least rest like seaturtle said. Have you talked to your doc about it?

Luanne

Old 06-25-2008, 06:23 PM   #4
(female)

Rama2 HB User

Hey Lizen - I completely understand the insomnia feeling. I've been getting that a lot recently. I end up crashing the next day for two hours, but I can't even stay asleep long enough to catch up on my sleep! A friend of mine with insomnia (but not bipolar) suggested I try doing yoga & meditation before bed, so I've been trying that for a while. I'm still skeptical, but I feel like it does work (ie, calms me down tremendously) some nights. Normally I feel guilty for clearing my mind and thinking of nothing (like I should be doing a million projects or I'm wasting my time), but giving myself permission to relax MAKES me relaxed. If that makes sense.

Anyway, good luck with everything!! - Rama2

Closed Thread