It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2008, 02:29 PM   #1
(female)

Bunnylover HB User
Weird muscular symptom

Ever since I started my first anti-psychotic (Geodon, which made me halucinate, now Seroquel), when I'm stressed I get this feeling like my shoulder muscles are trying to lift off my bones, like they're too light. Sorry I can't describe it any better, but it drives me crazy. The only thing that helps is rubbing them really, really hard.

Anyone ever experienced this, have any idea if it's bipolar or medication related?

Old 07-02-2008, 12:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User
Re: Weird muscular symptom

Bunnylover,

This could very well be a side-effect of taking anti-psychotics. I don't want to scare you, but you do need to consult your doctor ASAP. This could be a potentially very serious side effect.

Let us know what the doc says, okay?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
(female)

christina_142 HB User

when i was on seroquel and abilify i had twitches. my leg would move uncontrably and so would my jaw. so it could very well be a side effect. i would call your doc asap. i had to stop those meds because of the side effects

Old 07-14-2008, 10:27 PM   #4
(female)

lestermgee HB User

Christina, I don't know if you're still checking back for replies but I wanted to agree that it's probably all medication-related and commiserate with you and those who responded about weird muscular symptoms. I constantly had the shakes on Geodon but when my doc and I tried to taper it off I had distonia - a sort of mild seizure. Ultimately, we doubled the dose and now I don't shake or seize. These drugs work in such weird ways sometimes... I wonder what all of our brains are going to look like in 50 years...

Old 07-15-2008, 02:59 PM   #5
(female)

Bunnylover HB User

Sorry not to answer--I've been out of town.

I've discussed this at length with my psychiatrist, and he's not concerned. It only happens maybe every week or two, it just drives me crazy. It happens when I'm already having an on edge day, so maybe that's what's causing it.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

dismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB User

I get weird jerking movements when my Geodon dosage is too high. No matter what the does is I get a weird fluttering of the eyes.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:10 AM   #7
(female)

prettybbw HB User

I am having the muscles aches too but i had them for 7 years now and i was on the risperdal and now geodon and the pain is the same. What i do is i take hot showers and just lay in the tub and pop a few ibprofen that works magic!

But i also noticed that before my left hand use to twitch and now my right hand twitches on the geodon! does that mean i am using a diff part of my brain now? hmmm GOOD LUCK to you!

Old 07-30-2008, 07:31 PM   #8
(female)

Bunnylover HB User

Thanks for your concern--sorry to take to long to post, I've been a way for a while to be with my dying grandfather.

Talked to PDoc, he's not concerned, thinks it's mostly a new manifestation of muscle issues when I'm stressed (which long predate my taking any psych. meds. at all.)

Closed Thread