It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
(female)

christina_142 HB User
hello all new here kinda

my name is christina and i wad dx with bi polar in december of last year. my doc has tried abilify and seroquel, zyprexa and now lamactal (sp? to lazy to get up and look).

anyway i have yet to see a psychiatrist because my insurance doesn't have to many of them in my area and either they won't answer their phones or they aren't taking new patiets and i am running out of my patience to get in and see one. i am at my wits end.

i have had a really crappy day today and i just want to curl up in a bawl and cry my heart out. i am beginning to hate my insurance for more then one reason.

sorry to whine i just needed to vent.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:55 AM   #2
(female)

Strawberry.hill HB User
Re: hello all new here kinda

Hi, welcome. Yes I know those kind of days, when everything seems so difficult. I hope you are able to see a doctor soon. For now, this board hopefully will help you. The first time I was here, I saw that I wasn't alone, that by itself made me feel a little better. It is good to be able to speak to others who understand what you are going through.
I hope you feel the same way. And when you feel alone and down, you can always reach out through this board.

I'm sure you have already called your insurance and asked about the Psychiatrists in your area, correct? If that doesn't work, do you have a County Mental health System in your area? I have gotten help from them before (long ago) when I could not find help anywhere else.

Hope this helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2008, 01:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User

welcome to the board. I am sorry about your insurance being a problem..
my daugther is having the same situtation no one will take her insurance. so she is in the dark.. I am sorry you have to go through this...

Caren= Bipolar 1....

ps... you may have to go out side your insurance and pay to see a dr..

Old 07-02-2008, 06:38 PM   #4
(female)

christina_142 HB User

thanks guys. i am feeling better today.

yesterday was horrible. i spent all day on the phone with my mortgage company, insurance and doctors. down right frustrating, i ended up going to bed really early.

see not only do i have bi polar but i have something going on with my left arm with the ulnar nerve. i had surgery on my elbow because they thought it was cubital tunnel syndrome, well now my muscle in my hand is wasting (atrophy). i now have to see a neurosurgeon and get another emg done on my arm and hand.

my moods are crazy with all the bouncing around between meds. one minute i am fine the next i am crying and the next i am so angry i could scream.

i really hope this lamictal works because i am sick of this. can anyone tell me if lamictal is a good drug? tomorrow i am going to call the psychiatrists in my area that take my insurance once again. i hope and pray one of them calls me back because i can't afford to pay for them out of pocket.

thanks for listening

Old 07-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #5
(female)

Luanne72 HB User

Hi Christina--

I hope you can find a solution besides your regular doc. Can s/he recommend someone in psychiatry that can help? Even a psychologist who might be able to work with your regular doc to help with meds, etc.

Sometimes the health system is frustrating, esp when docs aren't taking new patients and you NEED one. I hope you will find someone.

In any event, the board is here, and that is sometimes very comforting to me, knowing I can post when things aren't going right and people will understand.

We get it.

Luanne

Old 07-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #6
(female)

kathryn00 HB User

i know this would take a lot of energy, but maybe you could drive to the pdocs in the same area? take a list all about you and your symptoms.

maybe?

Old 07-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #7
(female)

christina_142 HB User

i finally found a p doc that is an hour away. he can't see me for four to five weeks. i am so frustrated and angry by this whole process and how long it is taking.

how long does it take for lamictal to work? i am in my third week and so far i haven't noticed a change at all. i'm tired of feeling this way and my family doesn't understand. i get so angry sometimes and find myself screaming at my kids. i can't think because of all the racing thoughts and then i have a anxiety attack and can't breathe and feel like the whole world is coming to an end. i'm so sick of feeling this way.

Closed Thread