It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #1
(female)

babytee730 HB User
Arrow Losing it

I can honestly say that I feel like im losing my mind. I dont sleep enough-im not eating right-so in general im not feeling too hot/im 23yrs old and I feel SO drained-zombie like. My drug dealer doc(LOL) has recently put me on Trazodone and I feel like my anxiety is coming to its boiling point. Has anyone else experience these side effects with Trazodone? The panic and confusion?? I loathe being on meds. Lithium is also apart of my regular cocktail. I detest Lithium even more/the thirst and cotton mouth is so annoying not to mention the trembling/ANY suggestions for drymouth ANY tricks of the trade?. You know what REALLY scares me? The fact that i might be on meds forever. Apart of me wants to stop taking meds just for a while so I can feel emotions and the euphoric sensation of mania. But I know the result of such. My depression hits STRONG and takes NO prisoners. What happens when I decide that I want children?? You cant pills.
Sorry if I rambled...any kind words or thoughtful opinions would be appreciated. I just would like to know that im not alone.

Thanks in advance

Old 07-02-2008, 08:05 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User
Re: Losing it

I just tried Trazodone for the second time in 5 years and it didn't work for the same reasons, panic attacks, couldn't breathe right, heart racing, anxiety, etc. I was on 300 mg. So my pdoc switch me to Neurontin yesterday and so far so good, btw I take it to help with sleep, it's replacing Ambien and Sonata...I'm not sure what your taking it for.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2008, 11:51 AM   #3
(female)

klyn07 HB User

First, you are not alone. We have all been through times where we hate our meds and that we have to be on them. But we DO have to be on them. And, yes, you will likely be on them the rest of your life. But you can be on them if you are pregnant. They might have to adjust them, change which ones you take and make the doses very low. But you can be on certain ones. If the Trazadone is increasing anxiety, I would talk to your doctor. I've never been on that one. I am on Lithium and the only advice I have for that is limit other salts, they add to the dry mouth, and drink lots of water. Hope that helps.

Anytime you want to vent or have questions we are here.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
(female)

Luanne72 HB User

Hi babytee--

You are not alone. That is a fact!

I was on trazodone as a first med (a long time ago) for sleep problems, along with zoloft, and it helped. No anxiety, but I was probably dampened from the zoloft LOL... I know how you feel worrying about having to take meds forever and ever after, but I view it now as a medical problem, much like someone with diabetes who has to take insulin every day. It's just part of who I am and I have to manage it. I totally get the drug dealer doc bit, though. LOL!

Once you have the correct combination of meds, you might find more stability, although I do get the wish to feel a mania, esp coming off of a depressive episode (mine take no prisoners either--they are fierce ). The idea of stability is sometimes horrible, but it is helpful. But zombie-like is something I always tell my pdoc about because I refuse to feel like that!

As far as dry mouth, not sure what to tell you except drink more water . I do not take Lithium, but I'm sure someone else can chime in here. Side effects become a way of life once you're medicated. I get migraines now. Yay!

I hope you'll find reassurance here because you are NOT alone in any of your worries. You're not losing it. Don't worry.

Luanne

Closed Thread