It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2008, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

Italia 43 HB User
Question This might seem weird, but can two bipolar sisters get along!!

hey everyone.. I am 24, my younger sister is 14.. big age difference i know. I have bipolar and so does she.. WE are both quite impulsive in our decisions and actions. In the way past she asked me about my childhood i told her a few things and she rand back to our dad and told him what i said.. I got yelled at..

okay last year my 14 year old sister told me things in confidence and i told her mother( who is my stepmother).. You see i am worried about my 14 year old sister, because i went down a bad childhood path, drugs, stealing, jail, abuse, rape and etc.. Now she is trying cigarettes from what she told me last year. In all due love for her i told her mother. Now my 14yr old sister dont trust me anymore.. We get into constant fights.

deleted: inappropriate

SHe calls me fat and every name in the book. 2 weeks ago i had enough and punched her in her face. I did finally apologize today to her, but she told me she wouldn't forgive me. We got into a huge arguement over that. The she asks me to take her out. I be nice and do her a favor and she degrades my 1994 toyota corolla and says all bad things about my car.. be grateful i took you into town to help u look into phone plans. i dont know how to deal with this my younger sister.. i have another sister too who is 17 and she is sorta normal, but is very spoiled and quite annoying and conceited. I cant deal with eaither of my half sisters. They both dont want to be adults and handle issues or differences in an adulty fashion.. any help or advice would be appreciated.. thanks tina.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2008, 10:10 PM   #2
(female)

skagirl88 HB User
Re: This might seem weird, but can two bipolar sisters get along!!

First of all it doesn't sound like either of you are bipolar, just that you don't get along so unless you both have been diagnosed, I wouldn't go throwing that around. Secondly, siblings fight. As the years pass usually you fight less and less. You're 24 so that time should be coming. But if you feel like you just can't live with her anymore, you are at an age where you're more than able to move out.

Also to answer your original question, my brother and I are both bipolar and we are very close. You can't use your disorder as a crutch, or a reason why things don't work out. Ultimately YOU control that.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:49 AM   #3
(female)

Italia 43 HB User
Unhappy Re: This might seem weird, but can two bipolar sisters get along!!

i dont just throw out diagnoses. I have been diagnosed bipolar since i was 14. I been in mental hospitals 10 times and outpatitent programs like 8 times. My 14 year old sister was just diagnosed bipolar last month and she just got out of the mental hospital too 2 weeks ago.. I shouldn't have to be the one always apologizing to her. She has hurt me too through out my lifetime.. I just feel like how she is now resembles how i was 10 years ago.. My 14 year old sister just died her hair blonde. i did that too when i was her age. Now she asked me for a real tattoo and tounge periced.. i said No way.. SHe is going down the path that i had gone down already. I want to help her, but she only sees me as i am hurting her and ratting her out.. She has stolen before and tried cigareetes before. I am just concerned for her, but she dont see it like that.. i am so lost..

Closed Thread