It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
(female)

patteecake HB User
About me and i've been taking Lamictal for 2 weeks now

I was diagnosed with BP at 18. I've been hospitalized twice and on 8 different medications all which didn't work. I am disabled mentally and Physically. I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. Its a connective tissue disoder involving tissue that is lax in the body causing dislocation of arms and legs. I have issues with the connective tissue in my brain, it doesn't want to work with any of the BP meds. So far this has been the magic pill.

I have been having 1-3 aniexty attacks a day. Some paranoia. When i was in the hospital i took it in the morning. Now i take it at 1pm. I don't feel tired much and i'm able to make it through the day mostly with out napping. Still having a hard time sleeping at nite and going to bed. I'm up late and i sleep in most days i have to push my self to get up and go to the gym. I go 2-3 times a week. I've lost 5lbs so far. I'm 191lbs. Doping things has been rough too, i was depressed the first week i was on it and asked when does it get any better? In the second week, so far i've been happy. The pill in an hr or 2 calms me. I'm on 25mgs.

I live with 10 people so its been rough. There was 11 but my sister's husband went in the Army 5mths ago. My sister gave birth to a boy 5mths ago, My sister got married before her husband left as well so she could go with him. Its tight quarters, i share a bedroom with my son. Its alot of work helping my sister with the boys, im exhusted and worn out from playing with the boys in the backyard, making bottles etc.. I needed to move out so i spoke with my counslor which i've been going to a yr this Sept. Ever since my sister moved back home, my I have finished the last process of getting my medical papers for Mental health housing. They pay 70% and i pay 30% with my SSI to live. I have to pay electricity and anything else i want like phone, cable etc..

I'm a single mother and my son has BP as well. He bangs his head, he has attacks of aniecty and panic attacks. He will scream and be inconsorable for days. I let him cry and it passes. He is delayed in alot of areas plus he has Ehlers danlos as well. He is in a special school where he recieves ot, pt and speech. So far he is progressing very well. I take the day one day at a time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread