It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
(female)

craziunique HB User
Need advice, still cant find a full time job - broke, I'm stressed!!

Every since February of this year I have been working part time from home. I have been looking for a full time job. But it is so hard out in the working world. I have been on numerous of interviews but nothing!

Recently, my landlady left a note stating that I'm really behind on rent. ( she right) What I make a month, barley covers rent, car pmt, electric and all my other basic bills. I pay her what I can. I even applied for food stamps ( still waiting for an answer)

I got really desperate and asked my dad for some money to help me out. That was a big fat NO!! He went on about his experience when he raise my sister and I that he didn't get any help from his parents etc.... He still doesn't understand how hard the economy is now, no matter how much I try to tell him. He tells me I put myself in this position. Of course that made me feel really bad. I have told him I have applied to over 30 positions online the other week, luckily I got two call back for interviews. But now it's Sunday, I didn't get the job.

Now I'm worried that I might get kicked out of my placed that I have been at for 10 years. Hopefully not and something comes through quick!!

I cant get a loan my credit is shot! I know typical for a bipolar some would say. I have a lot of other bills that I have no way to pay for them. They just sit.....

I have already asked my present employer for more hours - that is out. He told me " aren't you looking for a full time job?" Ya that is a big red light for " we are not taking you back at all".. Yes I had some problems in the past, before I was diagnose I had a lot of problem with fellow co-workers, the list goes on and on. Then once I got on my meds, I can tell the difference in myself. But I can never "clean my slate " with my boss what happened in the past. That is why I'm now working at home part time. Luckily I'm still able to keep my health insurance!!

Its so bad I'm splitting my meds in half so they last me.! I know its sad.

Well Thank you for reading any input is much appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2008, 08:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Re: Need advice, still cant find a full time job - broke, I'm stressed!!

Hello,

Only things I can think of are to go to your state Employment and Training Service and register for a job and to try going to Vocational Rehabilitation, too.

In my state, the Welfare Dept. has sometimes emergency help for people in your situation.

It isn't necessarily your bipolar. There are tons of people now who are out of work and can't find jobs. I know that doesn't help you at all, but you're not alone.

I hope others here will give better suggestions than mine. I am really sorry you're in this bind and that your family won't give you a hand.

One more thing: would your landlady let you pay something regularly toward your rent debt, on your promise you'll pay the whole thing when you can?

Old 08-05-2008, 07:59 PM   #3
(female)

seaugust2001 HB User
Re: Need advice, still cant find a full time job - broke, I'm stressed!!

My bipolar attacks became so severe that I was able to get SSD. It took me a good 2 years but I got it. I get about $900 a month. I know that it wouldn't be able to support you but I have a husband that works. It may be something to look into. Just a suggestion.

Closed Thread