It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 10:27 PM   #1
(male)

IrishSaint HB User
am i bipolar?

hey everyone. my entire life ive been struggling with depression/anxiety/and my anger problems. but is it possible that i am bipolar? i sometimes am very aggravated for seemingly no reason, i go from really hyper and happy to sad and lethargic every now and again. and sometimes when i get really REALLY angry i go into a rage and black out with little recollection of what i had said or did.

does this make me seem bipolar? i want to control my anger and my anxiety and depression as they interfere in my life and relationships on a daily basis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2008, 01:42 AM   #2
(female)

littleshelly HB User
Re: am i bipolar?

I am struggling with the same issue right now. I cannot tell if I have an anxiety disorder or if I am bipolar. I am definitely OCD. That is hard to deal with but I have anger issues also. I can go from really happy to really mad in a matter of seconds. Depressed to OK and then back again. I don't sleep well and I think that adds to the problem. I guess the only way to know for sure is to go to a Dr. trained in dealing with these kinds of disorders which I have not done yet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2008, 09:30 PM   #3
(female)

skagirl88 HB User

We are not doctors and even if some of us are, we cannot diagnose you via the world wide web. If you're concerned about this issue, see your doctor who will refer you to a psychiatrist. But just so you know bipolar disorder is more than just having mood swings.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #4
(male)

northstar15 HB User

Like skagirl says, we can't diagnose you. As someone who is and knows a heck of a lot about being bipolar, what both of you describe is really not enough to go on. Consult with a doctor and psychiatrist to get to the bottom of it.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
(female)

KNev HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSaint View Post
hey everyone. my entire life ive been struggling with depression/anxiety/and my anger problems. but is it possible that i am bipolar? i sometimes am very aggravated for seemingly no reason, i go from really hyper and happy to sad and lethargic every now and again. and sometimes when i get really REALLY angry i go into a rage and black out with little recollection of what i had said or did.

does this make me seem bipolar? i want to control my anger and my anxiety and depression as they interfere in my life and relationships on a daily basis.
Hi

I experienced the same reactions at the age of 15.
I have had family entertain the thoughts of psychiatry for me, but I knew inside something was wrong but I couldn't explain it to anyone.
I ended up in Toronto Sick Kids Hosp. where they ran plenty of tests to find out I had and overactive THYROID GLAND. I went for radiation and am on medications for life to control hormone through my body and mind.
TO have your Thyroid tested, make sure they run a COMPLETE TEST on all levels (ex. TSH, Free T3, Free T4 and Anti-thyroid)
YOU would be surprised how much thyroid shows same symptoms to Bi-polar, psychosis and other mental issues.
I went through rages, depressions and anxiety and then without warning I would feel lifeless, with mood swings.
I wish when they diagnose people they would run a " COMPLETE THYROID TESTS" first...sometimes it is all that is needed to correct the problem.
I am on meds for thyroid, and because of what I went through I understand how some people are feeling with SAME SYMPTOMS.
I hope I have been of some help, KEEP YOUR CHIN UP....there are answers for these tests unlike bi-polar and other disorders.

Closed Thread