It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
I'm having major surgery on Monday and scared....

I've been doing pretty good for the past 3 or 4 weeks, much better than 6 weeks ago when I was in the hospital after a failed suicide attempt....I'm having major surgery on Monday and I tend to fall down that black hole after surgery...and I so don't want to go back there....I'm really scared of that....

I've talked to my pdoc about it and he upped my Seroquel as a preventitive...but I'm just scared it won't work. And all the worrying/anxiety/stress/fear is causing the SH to get somewhat out of control...I hate this part of my life, always having to worry about the BP effects and the SH, why can't I just be a normal person????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2008, 08:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Re: I'm having major surgery on Monday and scared....

Hey, kmit,

What a bummer, the surgery. I'm sorry you're got to go through this, on top of everything else.

How long a recovery period will it be?

Could you possibly get some extra support for the SH now? It'd seem your body needs all the wellness it can get.

Let us know how it's going, keep in touch. I will be thinking of you.

I believe that post-surgery, with the effects of the anaesthesia and trauma to the body, many get very depressed and disoriented for even a month or so afterward. That will pass, though, so stick with it. I'm sure your p/doc will work with you on this -- do youhave to have pain-killers after the surgery, too? As you know, they depress, too....

You have the support of us here, so please do check in when you're able to.

My sympathy and wishes for a speedy recovery and not too rough a one.

Seaturtle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2008, 09:27 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Seaturtle,

I'm having my knee reconstructed and a tibial osteotomy, so the recovery period will be several months, with 2 months on crutches. There will be many painkillers, but I've been on those for years, as a chronic pain patient, having had multiple surgeries. My pdoc and tdoc will work with me to help through this rough time....but I guess the knowledge of the fact that I have to fight the depression again....I don't know I'm just tired of it, you know?

Old 08-24-2008, 03:18 PM   #4
(female)

klyn07 HB User

I am sorry you are having to go through this. Hopefully the increased Seroquel will help. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Closed Thread