It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2008, 08:05 AM   #1
(female)

patteecake HB User
lamictal and other questions

Also i wanted to know if i've been on 50mgs for 2 weeks how long was it before you went up to 75 mgs, I've been on lamictal for a month now and i don't see any changes besides calming down an hr after i take it and crying spurts, loneliness and frustration. i have 1 aniexty attack every other day and when there are no stressors i'll go a whole week. there are weeks where im full of energy and weeks were i'm lazy and don't want to do anything, im not sleeping well either. hows everyone doing on lamictal i'd like to hear your experiences. Plus i've been single for 1 yr 1/2 now and i've been having trouble dating, i only have one friend that lives here. The rest are out of state and come to visit very seldomly.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:01 PM   #2
(female)

Bunnylover HB User
Re: lamictal and other questions

I tapered up on the suggested schedule, with the sample pack (sorry, I can't remember the specifics, but I know it took me 5 weeks to hit 100mg.)

I felt nothing at all, no relief from a suicidally severe depression at all, until I hit 100 mg. Then it was like a miracle, I felt like I'd never really felt before--the horrible fog of depression lifted. I've been able to stay at 100mg. since.

So I don't know if that will happen for you or not, but I'd really try to hang on for the tapering up period, if you can. And if 100mg doesn't do it for you, I think the standard dose is actually 200 mg., so you have room to go.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2008, 07:29 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Patee,
It does take a while to get up to your therpeutic dose, but once you're there if it's going to help you it will. Lamictal can be activating each time you up a dose, so hang in there. I'm at 300mg now and it's doing well for me, after a suicide attempt a little over a month ago. BTW I have BiPolar with Severe Suicidal Depression.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Hang in there, give it a good try. I didn't respond for quite a while. But when it started to work - what a huge difference it has made for me. Nothing touched my depressions before, and Lamictal did. Bless this medication.

It also has stopped and crying spells and suicidal ideation I used to have all the time.
I am steadier and can think more clearly and am much better at dealing with difficulties and challenges. I take 225 and am trying to get up to 250, hoping I can off Wellbutrin if I can.

I had a little trouble sleeping at first, but not now. Can your p/doc give you something for sleep for the titration period? Sleep is really important for us.

Keep us posted as to how you're doing, and don't get discouraged. 50 mg is tiny amount.

I hoepyou feel better soon

Seaturtle

Closed Thread