It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2008, 03:10 AM   #1
(female)

patteecake HB User
dating and bi polar

I have a hard time getting dates, just recently i ruined the two dates i would have had. I told them i had bi polar, my std status and my premicuity issues and my disability, has anyone downed them self to the point where they lost dates and for thoses of you married or dating how does your bf/ husband deal with your bi polar?

Old 09-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #2
(female)

Soniarose59 HB User
Re: dating and bi polar

You went the "let me verbally vomit on you route." Cousin to TMI. You are not obligated to spill everything about yourself to someone on a first date. If it is a need to know situation, the time will present itself. Just work on getting to know each other and having a good time. You're as good as anyone else.

The question, How does my husband deal with my BP? Well, I went and married another BP. I'm his ying and he's my yang. He's on different meds than I am. We go to different Pdocs and I go faithfully to my Tdoc and went through DBT. I take yoga. He has his hobbies. We do argue but one of us backs down.

I hope you find the confidence needed to date others and make friends.
Take care.........Sondra

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2008, 07:59 AM   #3
(female)

totallyclueless HB User

My husband is laid back and go with the flow. Since on meds he generally finds me amusing as all I do is chatter happily and am highly energetic. I am one of the lucky few. I don't know what I would do without him.

You don't need to spill all on the first date. Let them get to know you and you them. Who knows, they may not even be your type. Let things happen naturally and when you both make the decision to become serious, talk to him. Let him know the reason you didn't tell him. I think if you keep trying you will find someone for you. The main thing is don't give up. You can't win if you don't enter the race.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #4
(male)

scott14 HB User

yes when ever i start to get in a relationship i feel obligated to tell them im bi polar. and when i explain to them what it is (my strong need for sex, the extreme range of emotions mostly anger or depression the anxiety and racing thoughts) they usually run even when i tell them im fine as long as i continue my treatment. i feel its not fair and im going to die alone with no one to love my last relationship ended when i swithched jobs and my medical insurance got messed up and was off my meds for a month my heart was broken and i was manic. it just scared her to much to see my go from crying to angry then begging its like a monster you have to keep caged

Closed Thread