It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2008, 01:25 AM   #1
(female)

pandorakitten HB User
never feel normal.

I've been diagnosed with ocd. generalised anxiety and depression, it there seems to be something else, i really wish could change. My mood is always either depressed; find it hard to funtion, get out of bed or talk to anyone, or really energetic, not exactly happy, but egar to do things, it's like i just want to sit down, but my mind is racing and telling me to do things constantly, also a feeling of anxiety, despair, sometimes it gets to a point where i feel in a dream, dazed world and i want to break down and cry because i hate the feeling so much.

My mood is never normal, and i really want help. does this sound anything like bipolar disorder? if not what does this sound like? I feel terrible.

thank you

Old 08-30-2008, 07:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Re: never feel normal.

Hi,

I'm sorry you're having problems. Some of the symptoms sound similar to bp, but only a doctor can diagnose you. Keep a daily mood journal, detailed, hour to hour, for a week or so, and then go see your doctor. You might want to ask about bipolar.

How long do these mood swings last?

Hang in,

Seaturtle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2008, 03:08 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Volve HB User

The diary was a good Idea. It sounds like your moodswings are more rapid than mine. I have only had one severe depression. I hope I never get it again. But sometimes I have more depressed moods so to speek. Not really depression, but more like can't seem to get anything done. All is just so difficult.

If you have more rapid moodswings the diary would be a great idea. For me I don't know. Perhaps the changes are to small. Now the automn is here. Winter here is just dark and wet. Hope we will have some snow. That lightens up a bit.

I could easyly get depressed in automn and winter.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Jenny83 HB User

Hi Im Jenny, new to internet. Diagnosed with Bipolar 2001. In my opinion it certainly sounds like you're experiencing bipolar symptoms, does anyone in your family have bipolar or similar? if so its likely, find out, knowledge is power!! Chin up normal doesnt exist x

Old 09-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #5
(female)

taking back HB User

You should make an appointment with a Psychiatrist, Primary docs are good for some things but you really need someone who specializes in mental health care. They will be able to diagnose you if it is something other than what you have already been diagnosed with.

I was misdiagnosed for about 17 years, from 14 or 15 until 32. It is very hard when we don't know what is going on in our minds and we feel we have no control over it. The right medication has really improved my quality of life. It took months to get the right med and the right dose. I took 2 different mood stabalizers before they found the right one for me on the 3rd try. From what I hear that isn't so bad, sometimes it can take many more meds and much more time. Hang in there. I have a pep talk with myself every day, seriously! It doesn't always help but I try even when I am at my very worst. I

am bipolar II and have rapid cycling, but have much more depression than mania, so when I get down, I can get really down. As long as we try to be aware of what our moods are and even if we are doing as bad as we think it can get please don't give up on yourself ever. Keep telling yourself that you will get through this, that you are stronger than your disease. Like I said, it doesn't always work but hey, maybe some days it will and those days may seem like you are healthy.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Hello, again,

I just wanted to add that having other conditions (your OCD and anxiety and depression) make it all the more difficult. I have chronic eating disorder, agoraphobia and anxiety condition and bp, and between them all, it's a job handling things. It's difficult, but it can be done.

I find it useful to try and accept the times I am feeling really lousy and to allow the illnesses their space, as it was. Try to find something positive you love or appreciate in your life, too.

Hope you're feeling a bit better today,

Seaturtle

Closed Thread