It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Jenny83 HB User
Unhappy Lonely Bipolar

Diagnosed 2001, no bipolar friends xept mum, anyone out there?

Old 09-02-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Re: Lonely Bipolar

Hello, Jenny, and welcome to this board.

You're not alone in being lonely or having this illness, and yes, there are lots of really good people who post to this board who will understand and support you.

I am sure others will join me in replying to you. For me, knowing I can post here and get total understanding is a god-send.

Do you see a counselor? If so, he/she may be able to help you make some friends.
How old are you, may I ask?

Again, welcome,

Seaturtle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2008, 04:10 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Jenny83 HB User

Hi Seaturtle, thank u for replying, to answer ur question, Im 25, was diagnosed in 2001 but symptoms started when I was about 15, biological mother severly bipolar.

Not been on internet long n finding out so much I didnt know about my illness, I didnt know there was more than one kind of bipolar, Doctors, psychiatrists n nurses not much help n not too forthcoming with information or support, hospitalisations were more traumatising than the condition. Brief spell with a pyschologist was more helpful but waiting lists for that or counselling are huge but still planning to ask doctor.

So glad to have found a way to communicate with people who have some understanding, I am feeling more n more isolated, my confidence is shaky n I am confused with what is me n what is my illness, Any time I start feeling confident I squash it fearing its the beginning of an elated period.
Sorry to waffle on, Jen x

Old 09-03-2008, 06:13 AM   #4
(female)

patteecake HB User

hI Jenny, I was diagnosed with Bipolar in 2001 as well. I am 25 yrs old. I don't have much friends as well. They all moved out of state and the one that lives here we go out 1 a week or every 2 weeks. Its hard for me to keep my friendships, i end up getting distant and then they runaway i guess. I've been on Lamictal since the end of July and it has helped alot. I'm no longer distant, i'm more friendler and i have been more happy. I've been losing weight as well. I hope this finds you well and i'm here if you wanna talk.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:08 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User

Jenny, welcome to the board....

hugs, Caren

Old 09-03-2008, 11:56 AM   #6
(female)

Evie70 HB User

Seems as if we all suffer from loneliness....even in the midst of people...
I am so incredibly lonely! I have no friends, really. I belong to AA and I go to meetings and I "know" people but I don't really have any "friends". I did have one but I had a bad manic episode and got myself into a situation that she found unsettling and she dropped me like a hot potatoe....some friend...

Anyhoo....I don't even have a mom around...and hubby is 2800 miles away...these boards are nice but what I wouldn't give for some human contact...desperately seeking a support group in my area but havent found one...do have a therapist and thank goodness for her....if you haven't got one...get one if you can afford one....PDocs are okay but they usually only give you about 15 minutes of their time - long enough to assess your current condition and see if you need a med change....shame really...

Old 09-03-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Jenny83 HB User

Hi thanks for replying, Im sorry u dont have anyone close by, Im lucky really I have family n a few friends close-by but aside from my mum there isnt anyone who I can talk to, properly about my illness, I assume they think I 'go on' about it, which I probably do! but its only cos Im searching for advice or insight but as little as I know, they know even less.
Most people on this site live in US but can be ur internet friend?

Old 09-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Jenny83 HB User

Hi Caren, guessing u live in US n bit of time difference, just wanted to say thanks for replying n see how u r/who u r. Im feeling much less lonely n much happier today. Apart from my mum, dont know anyone who is bipolar so its lovely to hear from people with similar issues. Hope ur smiling, if not do it now!

Old 09-03-2008, 02:11 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Jenny83 HB User

Hi Patteecake (think I spelled that wrong!) lovely to hear from u, Im 25 too, I have one close friend who I see once or twice a week, we talk on phone every day but I tend to avoid talking about symptoms etc cos she usually goes a bit quiet, have a few other friends but none who I would be comfortable talking about it with. Feel isolated even though I have alot of people around me. Anytime u need to talk (or have a rant or a moan or a giggle!) Im here, Jen

Old 09-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Jenny83 HB User

No problem, sorry about that, Jen

Old 09-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #11
(female)

patteecake HB User

i feel depressed today. i've been single 5 years and my son's father gets a gf in a week and i'm happy for him, but why am i still alone? also i'm axious about getting a job, i'm sick of staying home while my son is in preschhol, i go to the gym, but its not enough, i'd love to go to college but its expensive and i'm going to apply for finical aide but i know it wont pay it all. also, i might have to take out loans, i'm not too happy. I am indecisive and freaked out..

Old 09-05-2008, 04:12 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Jenny83 HB User

Hi Patteecake, sorry to hear you're not so good, Im often indecisive, especially when it comes to my future, I have no idea what I want to be or do, I never have, it drives me mad sometimes because everyone else around me seems to have it all worked out! It is difficult to find ways to study but can use the net to see whats out there and meybe find other ways round getting qualified, In the UK there are apprenticeships where you can train on the job and get paid while you do it, I dont know if you have anything like that?

Im single too and starting to feel like I will be forever been considering going on a dating website but usually when guys find out about my condition they dont respond well, I was with my son's father for 7 years and he never understood or offered support, in fact he often triggered my episodes. Im keeping the faith though and you should too, when you're happy and relaxed people are drawn to you, its funny when Im high, guys walk up to me in the street and ask me out but when Im low and anxious they walk the other way, I think you will find someone to be with it just does'nt feel like that now, Chin up hun, you never know whats round the corner x

Old 09-05-2008, 04:21 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Volve HB User

Patteecake, I see you worries about taking up a loan. I own half an appartment with my mother now. Would like my own appartment, but it is expansive. I of couse have a loan now, and the new place would have to be less expensive. Not easy.

I can see the problem of having to take up a loan for education. It means you would have to get a job later on and stay in it for some time. I would be really anxious about having to keep a job for some time.

I feel like talking to others about my difficulties in taking decitions is no use. They would not understand. The future seems blur.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #14
(female)

tinkerbell78 HB User

it never ceases to amaze me just how lonley you can be even when you're surrounded by people. i get that way lots and my fiance is constantly asking if there is anything he can do, truth is that when i feel that way is when i least want to interact with people.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:42 AM   #15
(female)

EuphoricFusion HB User

I've been lying here on my air mattress with sobs coming out, and not sure what to do..
I want someone to talk to, but not to have to put up the "act" for.. i don't want company because I'd be stricken with shame if anyone saw my place of residence right now.
I have less than no desire to put clothes on, although I did shower today for a doctors appointment, and couldn't be convinced to get dressed to go see friends - even with the most charitable offers given.

Now, I am going to try once again... at 4 am, to go to sleep.

No more Klonopin, the Valiums gave me tremendous nightmares, and the poorly done titanium enhanced spinal fusion in conjunction with Hurricane IKE is surpassing the power of three.. no, four 10mg lortab.

So, not likely. But thank you - healthboards.com et al - for being here.. even if its all just a front to get confidential medical information j/k
it's releasing to find an outlet of understanding..

Sweet dreams, compatriots

Closed Thread