It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
(female)

pugsnkisses HB User
obsessed with surgery

I'm having my tubes tied on Thusday and I find myself obsessed with the surgery.I feel like my meds are not helping these past couple of days. I'm sad and happy about the surgery but it's all I'm thinking about. Anyway just needed to tell someone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2008, 01:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Re: obsessed with surgery

Hi,

Hey, I'm sorry you have to undergo surgery. Of course you're obsessed! If you weren't, there'd be something really wrong.

Are there people you can talk to about it in your life? When I've had to have surgery - or my friends have - it is all we can think or talk about for at least a week or two in advance.

How long will you have to be in the hospital? They're doing it laparascopically? (don't know if they can do that one that way).

Maybe your p/doc would up an anti-anxiety med for this pre-op time? When I've had surgery (very minor), I've been a basket case beforehand.

You'll be find, and don't worry about the meds not working. See if you can get an increase, and just take it a minute at a time. The good thing is that once it's over, it is over, behind you - look forward to that moment.

And feel free to post, too. Sharing it does help.

Hang in,

Seaturtle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2008, 08:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User

good luck on your surgery..

hugs, Caren

Old 09-08-2008, 08:49 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Pugs,

Hi, I know how you're feeling. I had my knee reconstructed and an osteotomy 11 days ago. I was a nervous wreck for the few days before and it was my 10 knee surgery. My pdoc gave me some ativan to calm my nerves the 2 days before the surgery and then they gave it to me while I was in the hospital, it helped alot. Maybe you could ask your Pdoc about something to help with your nerves.

Good luck and i hope all goes well.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:07 AM   #5
(female)

pugsnkisses HB User
Unhappy Re: obsessed with surgery

I will be coming home the same day I hope if nothing goes wrong. It's just all I'm thinking about. I do have family to talk to.one is not much help at all. She just wants to know when I can come off my meds..lol Thursday coming up fast I guess. My husband and I just are afraid of another miscarriage if we don't do this.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

One good point to think about is the sooner Thursday gets here, the quicker it will be done with. From what i've heard the recovery from this surgery is pretty quick. I had mine done with a c-section, so i'm not sure. I'm sure it's stressful though along with all the BP stuff that you already have to deal with. Just try to think calm thoughts and tell yourself that all will be okay and you'll come out just fine, keep those positive thoughts going.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:57 PM   #7
(female)

seaturtle1 HB User

Hi, again,

Just thinking of you and wondering how you're doing today. Only one more day, and this will over!

I'm so glad you'll be home on the same day. Are you going to be in close touch w/pdoc if you've got to come off your meds temporarily?

And I am sorry, too, that you miscarried. I know from personal experience how that is.

Please post to let us know how you're doing after you feel weel enough,

Hugs,

Seaturtle

Old 09-12-2008, 02:56 AM   #8
(female)

pugsnkisses HB User

Got home from surgery around 5 last night. I am in alot of pain. I just kept waking up crying it hurts so bad.I had a little trouble waking up after surgery that was scary. I have pain meds and I can start taking my normal meds today.Touch back again soon. Thanks everyone....

Old 09-12-2008, 08:27 PM   #9
(female)

seaturtle1 HB User

Hello,

I'm glad it's over, now you can heal. The pain must be almost unbearable. Do you have adequate pain relief?
If not, call the doc and insist. Sometimes they undermedicate for pain, and there's no reason you've got to suffer now.

Thinking of you,

Seaturtle

Closed Thread