It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Diurnal mood changes - worse in evening anyone?

Hello, everyone,

Just wondered if others go through anything similar to this. During the day, I can be fine - had a lovely day today working outside building a fence, which I love), then boom! late afternoon and evening, I turn very irritable (I do mean very), with little flashes of rage coming through. Rage and anger at nothing whatsoever.

I dislike this so much and try to catch myself and tell myself to stop it, but it comes back.

Thanks for responses, I hope all is well with all the good people here,

Seaturtle

Old 09-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

NutshellNutter HB User
Re: Diurnal mood changes - worse in evening anyone?

Hi Turtle,
Gosh, yes!!!

This is me all over... go to work, have good bright day, come back and turn into an either angry or depressive ogre!!!!! It's me all over!

My psych tells me that diurnal variation is supposed to occur the other way around in 'depression' - better at night, worse in morning.....

However, with me it's definitely the other way. I put it down to the 'bipolar' bit.... stress of day can flip over to the 'other side' without noticing it....

Hope you are ok otherwise,
Nut.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Re: Diurnal mood changes - worse in evening anyone?

Hi, Nut,

Oh, thanks! It's always so reassuring to know I've got company. I'm going to ask p/doc (if she ever gets back to me) if perhaps taking some of the Lamictal later in the day might help this.

I can be a mess in the morning, too, until I take my meds. About an hour later, I'm fine.
My ED is kicking up a bit...so is the agoraphobia...so this is one of those times when I just throw up my hands and carry on.

Good things: I've had 3 crops of snow peas this year (weather kinda cool), and am still gathering and eating a good couple of handfuls each night. And fresh Italian beans, eggplant and lots of tomatoes. Having all these positive in my life, plus a couple of really good friends, makes me realize all the more that these are moods, not reactions to anything.

I hope you're okay, too, and if I find an answer to this evening thing, I'll let you know.
You do the same, okay.

I won't say "Have a good evening" (lol). Have the best one you can.

Seaturtle

Closed Thread