It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 01:09 AM   #1
(male)

northstar15 HB User
Are these symptoms? Does anyone else have them?

Does anyone else have trouble with a constant altering of perception/perspective? What's right and wrong, good and bad, helpful and unhelpful.

Since I was diagnosed, and after my two hospitalizations, I can't seem to stop asking myself why all this has happened to me, what has caused it and what I can do about it. I've read a lot about the disorder, been on countless amounts of websites, found therapy to be unhelpful and my psychiatrist to be uncaring as far as helping me figure this illness out. Support groups only make me relate my own struggles to other peoples and blow things more out of proportion.

Medication has helped balance out my moods, but my way of thinking seems to be altered at a state that I can't seem to have any confidence in any of my opinions anymore. I can see two, sometimes three or four sides to every issue and can't pick one.

I have a lot of trouble with persistent thoughts throughout my upbringing, childhood, things that I said, things people have said to me, what they meant...etc. I just can't stop thinking and over analyzing and sometimes its just hell.

Sorry if this is rambling. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or similar experiences?

Old 09-08-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Re: Are these symptoms? Does anyone else have them?

Yes, I do. I odn't have trouble deciding which idea I have, but my perspective can shift radically.

If you're ruminating about things endlessly, it might be a touch of OCD (presumptuous of me to say that - I'm not a doctor. From my own experience, I have a touch of OCD, and it's been said to me that these symptoms are from that.

Take heart: this stuff can be a lot better with some Cognitive-Behavioural work. It doesn't have to have such a presence in your life.

Don't know if any of this helped, but you're definitely not alone.

Let us know how you're doing, and seek more help if you can. You'll make it, with work.

Seaturtle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2008, 01:45 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Hey, sounds like part of the problem is your relationship between your therapist/pdoc and yourself. Because generally these are all things that you would talk to and work out in therapy. Have you thought about looking for a new therapist and pdoc? Sometimes the first doc you go to isn't necesarily a good fit, that's not uncommon. I think if you found a therapist that you could actually talk to things might look up for you. Another option is to just use your Pdoc for medication management and then get a Psychologist for therapy. These are just a few suggestions for you, hope some of them are of help.

Please continue to keep coming here and let us know how things are going.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:55 AM   #4
(female)

totallyclueless HB User

I am easily swayed from one opinion to the other. I tend to go with anything that sounds like it makes sense. I am working on that...

I also don't feel guilt. At all. I know the difference between right and wrong and I don't do things that are wrong because of the punishment. I have no regrets and no remorse. I get embarassed but I am one of the people that aren't sorry they did it, I am only sorry I got caught. That is something I don't ever want to teach my kids because ultimately you have no reason to so what is right. My family keeps me on the straight and narrow.

So you are not the only one with an unusually way of thinking.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:48 AM   #5
(female)

ange 72 HB User

hi there. i do experience recurrant thoughts that eventually start driving me mad, thought it could be some kind of ocd, find it very distracting, i do seem to analyse everything and think very deeply, of why things are the way they are, wish i didnt think so deeply then life would be a little easier .

ange72 x

Closed Thread