It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2008, 06:40 AM   #1
(female)

2kidsmom HB User
Wink Introduction

Hi everyone
Was just diagnosed with bi-polar disorder a few days ago. On lamictal (the starter pack) and it seems to be working well so far. I am married with two bio children and two step children. They live with their mom in Columbus. We see them every other weekend. Have a great husband who is really trying to be here for me since this whole thing happened. I have suffered depression for about 10 years now. Been on all the meds. Paxil, Lexapro, Prozac, Zoloft, and just got taken off of Wellbutrin.

My psychiatrist seems to think that's what caused my last manic episode. I am really hoping the lamictal works for me. I am so tired of being depressed one day and on top of the world the next. And the irribability I feel is absolutely horrible. Doesn't take much of anything to agitate me. I scream when something irritates me, and immediately feel bad afterwards.

I am also taking Lyrica for fibromyalgia. Has anyone ever taken that? It seems to be doing ok for me. I'm worried about the weight gain though. I'm kind of obsessed with my weight. Have been bulemic at one point. I just dont eat much these days now. So anyway. Sorry this turned into me rambling. I hope to get to know everyone and make some friends here. It's hard to get people who dont have this disorder to understand what you are going through.

See ya

Old 09-10-2008, 08:48 PM   #2
(female)

seaturtle1 HB User
Re: Introduction

Hi,

Lamictal is a great medicatio. It's worked marvelously for me - no other med did, ever.
I have an ED, too, and was bulimic for 16 years, now just very low weight/anorexia.

I know about that fear of gaining. For me, though, I"ve lost a little on the Lamictal (I can't afford this and hate it) because it is energizing and made me move around all the more.

It's weight-neutral, as least for me.

Glad to have you here!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Hi welcome to the boards. I've dealt with BiPolar for 19 yrs now and am also a Chronic Pain patient and wanted to let you know that the Pain Management and Chronic Pain Boards here are also wonderful. they're are quite a few Fibro folks there that are great with support and ideas for care.

Just wanted to let you know, hope you're doing well.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:44 AM   #4
(female)

2kidsmom HB User

Thanks for making me feel welcome Seaturtle =)

Old 09-12-2008, 08:50 AM   #5
(female)

2kidsmom HB User

Thanks Kmit..I will have to make my way over to those boards. Hope you are having an ok day.

=)

DolphinLover

Closed Thread