It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2008, 02:22 AM   #1
(female)

ridersam HB User
Mixed Episode

Hi guys,
Thought I would pass this one by you. Haven't posted for a while, but here goes. Has anyone one here had a Mixed Episode? Mine was nipped in the bud, but sneaked back when I went off the antipsychotic (Risperdal - caused me to produce milk!!!). I'm now back on another antipsychotic (Zyprexa) until my symptoms go again, then I may taper off again.
But I'm really struggling with "the world is against me" mentality and I'm conviced that people really hate me.

I know this isn't true, there's no evidence for it, but my mind keeps playing with it, feeling suspicous, it's like mental water torture. I'm hoping the medication might help with this soon. Meditation works while you do it, but the thinking returns again. I was wondering if this was common among the people who get mixed states, here on this forum? Thanks for your thoughts.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
(female)

seaturtle1 HB User
Re: Mixed Episode

Hi,

Sounds like some paranoia, and yes, that does happen to us.

I hope your meds click in soon. You're doing real well in recognizing that what you feel is not reality, hang onto that realization.
Let us know how it goes, okay?

Seaturtle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2008, 11:04 PM   #3
(female)

ridersam HB User

Hi there,
Thanks for the reassurance Seaturtle1, I appreciate it.The Zyprexa was upped a little to 5mg and because I'm on Tegretol and Lithium as well, it all seemed to kick in today and I don't feel so bad. Now I feel ridiculous thinking those silly thoughts about people hating me and that my husband was mad at me for no reason etc....
Today I made garlic chicken and raspberry/white choc muffins - yum.
I must be feeling better. Ridersam

Old 09-13-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
(female)

seaturtle1 HB User

Ridersam,

This is great! I hope it keeps up, too.

And please send over some of that chicken. I don't cook except for oatmeal in the micro and a few steamed veggies. Garlic chicken sounds pretty good right now!

Seaturtle

Closed Thread