It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SentenceDoing HB User
I get the mania without the depression part...

Is it possible to get the manic part of manic-depression without the depression part? I don't think I've ever really suffered from true depression (except for in the winter when I actually don't realize I'd been depressed for three months until it's sunny out again, and I feel so much happier and healthier). But many times, when I have PMS, I feel manic. I get more of the "good" type of mania (except for the intrusive thoughts), rather than the aggressive type or psychosis. Like, I cry at sad things, I cry at beautiful things, I cry at happy things, colors seem more vivid, my heart feels like it will explode from the beauty of it all (stuff I don't always notice), stories seem more vivid, and I feel like I'll go crazy every second that I'm not doing something creative. Some of it feels good, but I'd really rather not be crying about everything and embarrassing myself, and I'd rather not be frustrated about every second that I'm not able to do something creative.
On the bad side, I do get intruisive thoughts, and I hate them so much.
I also am not one to make major decisions on the spur-of-the-moment, but I find that when I'm in a manic mood, I tend to do that. But I don't feel like these periods of mania alternate with periods of depression.

Also, the funny thing is that I found out from reading some threads that Lamictal is prescribed for bipolar? I'm taking Lamictal for Epilepsy... I've only been taking it for 2 months, and it's greatly reduced my seizures, but this is the first time that I've felt manic before my period since before the Lamictal and back when I was on birth control, which started making me feel like this during PMS in the first place.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread